Reimo Multi-rail

We have one of those on our LWB. Excellent bit of kit. Worth also getting at least one of the end side walls to provide some extra protection or privacy. Reimo Palm Beach Side Wall For LWB Canopy | Awnings & Canopies

The domed shape is excellent for keeping rain from puddling on the top but be careful is very strong winds! It will flip itself inside out and turn into a paddling pool ...... as we found out at 4 0'clock in the morning on the island of Brač! But it was an exceptional tropical storm. :eek:

I have connected a Reimo Sun canopy to the van Multirail using the piping profile and all is good. I am struggling to understand how to connect the side wall. Do you have any instruction/advice please.

There is a horizontal pole that runs through the top of the side wall which connects through a spike in one of the horizontal poles that holds up the roof. The weight of the pole pulls the side wall Velcro away from the roof so I assume it must be supported somehow. The side wall comes with clamps that are normally used to secure an awning pole to a van gutter. Do I connect the end of the horizontal pole nearest the van to one of these clamps and then connect the clamp to the Multirail?

There is a horizontal pole that runs through the top of the side wall which connects through a spike in one of the horizontal poles that holds up the roof.

Are you talking about the same canopy as shown below and in my original link? The side wall simply attaches to the under edge of the canopy roof using velcro. o_O

reimo-palm-beach-lwb-side-wall-bundle-i_3.jpg

Are you talking about the same canopy as shown below and in my original link? The side wall simply attaches to the under edge of the canopy roof using velcro. o_O

View attachment 45039
Yes, it's the same canopy. My side wall came with a horizontal bar which I slipped through a sleeve at the top of the panel. The bar had a hole at either end which I assumed went over the spike on the horizontal pole and needed to connect to something on the other end near or on the van

The closest instructions I could find was this diagram below. I bought it from Camperco and they have just confirmed that the bar connects to the Multirail using the clamp shown in the diagram below. I'm not sure it will because there is no tube on the gutter for the clamp to work in the way I think it should and the angle may not be right for the bar to be horizontal. I will give it a try and report back, but I had not thought about just using the Velcro. in the way you describe.

upload_2019-6-10_16-30-10.png

I have never used a horizontal bar. The clamps you refer to are for attaching the canopy to the side of the van if you do not have the correct multirail to take the 6mm kador strip.

The listing in my original post and Reimo's product details on their website also state:

Product Details
  • Easy attachment with attached velcro

Just a note to all,I have msgd Vision Tech,
If anyone would like to purchase there sun canopy and collect or view at Camperjam then please get in touch, they are not taking stock this year.

Reimo Beach awning, best £90 we spent. We were going to have a Fiamma windout, but we were talked out of it by our converter. It packs away to nowt, minutes to put up & take down, can’t fault it for the money.View attachment 33967

Hi, I am interested in your comment regarding it taking minutes to put up/down. Are the thin poles that give the roof it's dome shape easy to install?

Hi, I am interested in your comment regarding it taking minutes to put up/down. Are the thin poles that give the roof it's dome shape easy to install?
Yup! 2 poles that run diagonally corner to corner. They fit into pockets sewn into the canopy.

Back