Reimo Easyfit Pop Top on T6.1- Height and Canvas Questions

interbear

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all - looking for some advice on those who have a T6.1 conversion with a Reimo Easyfit pop top roof (with the front spoiler). I have 2 questions:

1) Height - I know that this raises the height of the van by 7cm according to the Reimo website. However, it also states that it is fine for most car parks / barriers at 2m. Anyone who has this roof care to comment on the overall height of their van? I'm not so bothered about car parks, I am however thinking about the 2m limit on French toll road barriers. I've no plans to lower suspension and the van will be on Wolfrace 18 inch alloys.

2) Scenic Canvas - I like the idea of being able to unzip the entire canvas but in practical terms is it more trouble that it's worth. I'm thinking zip issues / water leakage etc. At the moment I am sticking to the standard canvas which as far as I know allows you to unzip the side windows completely anyway.

Thanks.

Hi all - looking for some advice on those who have a T6.1 conversion with a Reimo Easyfit pop top roof (with the front spoiler). I have 2 questions:

1) Height - I know that this raises the height of the van by 7cm according to the Reimo website. However, it also states that it is fine for most car parks / barriers at 2m. Anyone who has this roof care to comment on the overall height of their van? I'm not so bothered about car parks, I am however thinking about the 2m limit on French toll road barriers. I've no plans to lower suspension and the van will be on Wolfrace 18 inch alloys.

2) Scenic Canvas - I like the idea of being able to unzip the entire canvas but in practical terms is it more trouble that it's worth. I'm thinking zip issues / water leakage etc. At the moment I am sticking to the standard canvas which as far as I know allows you to unzip the side windows completely anyway.

Thanks.
Assuming the T6 is the same as a T6.1.
Regardless of model the overall height will depend on the wheels, tyres and suspension installed. I don’t remember taking my stock T32 with 17” Cargo Vectors under a 2m barrier ever.
From memory with the Reimo easy fit it’s 2.13M high.
I don’t ever remember it being an issue on French toll roads, always paid car rates (Kombi).
Scenic canvas has never been used but has never leaked. IMO it makes replacement slightly easier.
The only issue I’ve had with parking was in central Madrid due to underground car parks. Having been there I won’t be going back.

Assuming the T6 is the same as a T6.1.
Regardless of model the overall height will depend on the wheels, tyres and suspension installed. I don’t remember taking my stock T32 with 17” Cargo Vectors under a 2m barrier ever.
From memory with the Reimo easy fit it’s 2.13M high.
I don’t ever remember it being an issue on French toll roads, always paid car rates (Kombi).
Scenic canvas has never been used but has never leaked. IMO it makes replacement slightly easier.
The only issue I’ve had with parking was in central Madrid due to underground car parks. Having been there I won’t be going back.
Thanks DXX. Looks like my best option in terms of van height is to wait and see.

In terms of scenic / open sky canvas that’s a good point on replacement, presumably can just zip another one in. I recall Jerba making that point when I was looking at their conversions. I’ll keep seeking opinions on that one, it’s an upgrade that I’m not yet convinced on.

My Reimo is 2.13M high and just returned from trip to Germany via France and had no problems with height on the toll road barriers. I park my camper in underground parking whilst not using it and the height of garage door is 2.25M so tight but I get it in/out............ with eyes closed!

1. I have the easy fit and - while being careful and the mrs getting out and checking as i drive under - I have not had a problem yet. But don't forget Wheels/tyres/suspension will also impact this, I am running T32 4M stock setup.

1634202805976.jpeg

2. Have used my scenic canvas a few times and the wife has not complained of any issues opening/closing it. (and i would hear if there was)

Worth checking out this thread as well - in terms of things to discuss with your installer - adjust Reimo Easy Fit

I've looked at the Reimo website and for all of the Easy-Fit variants it says that they raise the overall van height by 7cm and the total van height with roof fitted is approx 2m. The latter doesn't quite stack up for me as I also looked at the VW van website and the standard Transporter 6.1 panel van is noted as 1.99m high. So my basic maths tells me it would be 2.06m high, although perhaps the process of conversion and chopping off the original roof reduces that a bit. And wheels, suspension would have an impact too. I'm planning 18 inch alloys and no changes to suspension. Looks like I’m going to go with the Reimo Easyfit closed eyes and pray strategy as ducking is not possible :)

Still on the fence re “open sky” scenic canvas though :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I‘ve decided to stick with the Reimo Easy-Fit pop top as there seems to be no difference in height between that and the standard Reimo roof. Also learned that the side mesh windows on the standard canvas can be unzipped completely, which is fine for us, so we won’t opt for the “open sky” canvas.

Of course, as one outstanding question is dealt with, another pops up (no pun intended) - whether or not to lower the suspension a wee bit. It seems to be pretty standard behaviour in these parts, I need to learn more about the pros and cons of that.

I‘ve decided to stick with the Reimo Easy-Fit pop top as there seems to be no difference in height between that and the standard Reimo roof. Also learned that the side mesh windows on the standard canvas can be unzipped completely, which is fine for us, so we won’t opt for the “open sky” canvas.

Of course, as one outstanding question is dealt with, another pops up (no pun intended) - whether or not to lower the suspension a wee bit. It seems to be pretty standard behaviour in these parts, I need to learn more about the pros and cons of that.
Have a chat with @CRS Performance

It’s quite normal to get the rear of the van sagging up to 30 mm after conversion, This is an easy fix and can be done to keep the height standard or lowered. , Either way it’s vitally important to get the rake angle correct so the van steers correctly ,
Most of the vans that come to us have proper shocks fitted as well so that the camper rides nice ,is more comfortable , has less body roll and pitch. , compared to the price of a conversion it’s really well priced too

It’s quite normal to get the rear of the van sagging up to 30 mm after conversion, This is an easy fix and can be done to keep the height standard or lowered. , Either way it’s vitally important to get the rake angle correct so the van steers correctly ,
Most of the vans that come to us have proper shocks fitted as well so that the camper rides nice ,is more comfortable , has less body roll and pitch. , compared to the price of a conversion it’s really well priced too

Per the other thread I will find out what the conversion company recommend and then seek your advice. Of course, the sensible option is probably to take delivery of the camper van and see how it drives / feels / looks, and only then decide if lowering is required. Right now, it'll be on standard suspension and 18 inch alloys.

Back