adjust Reimo Easy Fit

amv

Hello everyone, I have noticed that my roof is more one side than the other, do you know if it is possible to adjust it?
Thank you

yes. Get a step ladder and look at the rear fixings - on each side where it is secured to the van. You’ll see 3 bolts each side. Loosen off and gently adjust (push forward / backward as needed) and re tighten. Best done with two of you on step ladders. Go careful and don’t force anything. Later on put a couple of screws in to the other holes and this will stop the moving - or better yet get the installer to do it.

post a couple of photos when you have the roof up of fixings and current alignment.

good luck.

Reactions: amv
Mine is slightly set to one side, I’m not sure if it was from new. Nothing is bent. I’ve tried adjusting the inline on the rear hinges and they don’t move easily, there’s quite a lot of load with the roof raised.
It’s not out by much and doesn‘t bother me. If you find an easy solution please post it.

Mine is slightly set to one side, I’m not sure if it was from new. Nothing is bent. I’ve tried adjusting the inline on the rear hinges and they don’t move easily, there’s quite a lot of load with the roof raised.
It’s not out by much and doesn‘t bother me. If you find an easy solution please post it.
It is exactly what happens to me, that it falls more to one side than the other, and I don't know how you can adjust that, back and forth yes, but not laterally. Is it possible to adjust?

yes. Get a step ladder and look at the rear fixings - on each side where it is secured to the van. You’ll see 3 bolts each side. Loosen off and gently adjust (push forward / backward as needed) and re tighten. Best done with two of you on step ladders. Go careful and don’t force anything. Later on put a couple of screws in to the other holes and this will stop the moving - or better yet get the installer to do it.

post a couple of photos when you have the roof up of fixings and current alignment.

good luck.
Hi, that's for forward or reverse adjustment. It is not like this? for lateral adjustment, I don't know how to do it. thanks!

From the pic below you can just make out the bolts. They are easy to slacken off and then it is just a case of shuffling the roof around until you have it centred. Once this is done you can relighted or get some self-tapping screws (dipped in so sikaflex) to permanently fix in place. The bolts from memory are secured on a part of the roof frame that allows for adjustment and this is why there can be movement.

worth getting the installer to do it and guarantee the works…

1633298891451.jpeg

This is an old photo I found of mine. You can see it is off to one side which is cauing other issues.

1633299512267.jpeg

Here is another old pic showing the fixings.

View attachment 132122
This is an old photo I found of mine. You can see it is off to one side which is cauing other issues.

View attachment 132121
Hello, the problem I have is not that, in my case if you see the back, you can see how it is more fallen to one side than the other, I do not know if it has lateral adjustment. It would be that the ceiling shifted 1cm to the left.

thanks!

Hello, the problem I have is not that, in my case if you see the back, you can see how it is more fallen to one side than the other, I do not know if it has lateral adjustment. It would be that the ceiling shifted 1cm to the left.

thanks!
Hmmm. maybe post a few photos tomorrow - will help to get a better idea.

I just found this video, they screw down the rear hinges at approx 13 min and check and talk about adjustment of the rear hinges to correct alignment at about 15 min. No adjustment is shown.
There isn’t much adjustment possible in the slots on the rear hinge and the fasteners are only M6 so there’s not much clamping force available.
Video is quite informative but the music is hell.

Mine’s like @amv describes, the whole roof is slightly to one side when lowered. Obviously I can’t check the hinges when it’s lowered but when raised it’s all square and straight.
This roof is very heavy, make sure you have two preferably three people if you are planning on moving anything and I’d be very ware about removing all screws on a hinge, better to fit some longer ones if needed when sliding about.
The struts can also pop off without warning if it’s twisted too much.

Hi all,

The hinge which attaches to the van should have a locking screw in place, this is fitted by installer once the roof is adjusted and prevents the hinges moving and is aligning the roof. Therefore further adjustment is not possible at this position unless the screw is removed and refitted but will likely be miss aligned and another hole will be needed. For this reason we do the same adjustment on the hinge which attaches to the roof. It is harder to do but prevents having to drill a new hinge lock hole.
Rgds,

Ian

Hi all,

The hinge which attaches to the van should have a locking screw in place, this is fitted by installer once the roof is adjusted and prevents the hinges moving and is aligning the roof. Therefore further adjustment is not possible at this position unless the screw is removed and refitted but will likely be miss aligned and another hole will be needed. For this reason we do the same adjustment on the hinge which attaches to the roof. It is harder to do but prevents having to drill a new hinge lock hole.
Rgds,

Ian
I did take some measurements at the hinge base as the difference left and right was small.
I considered taking measurements on the GRP roof but due to the shape it’s hard to get a good datum point.
Another job for a sunny day.

@amv your roof looks slightly more mis-aligned than mine but the same issue with it being set to one side at the rear.
As my hinges aren’t bent and they are only adjustable inline (front/back) on the slotted holes I’m thinking the the error must be in the hinge fixing to the GRP roof.
If you are still in warranty I’d take it to the installer or at least report it so it’s on record.
The Sikaflex application isn’t the neatest I‘ve seen, who did the installation?

Hello, in my case I think it is also due to the fixing of the hinges on the ceiling, because if you look at the interior parts, you can see that they are practically the same distance from the interior frame, on the outside there is something more than distance on the left, but not so much as to have that difference of 1 cm total.
If the fault is in the upper fixing to the ceiling, it is difficult to fix, right?

Thank you!

@amv your roof looks slightly more mis-aligned than mine but the same issue with it being set to one side at the rear.
As my hinges aren’t bent and they are only adjustable inline (front/back) on the slotted holes I’m thinking the the error must be in the hinge fixing to the GRP roof.
If you are still in warranty I’d take it to the installer or at least report it so it’s on record.
The Sikaflex application isn’t the neatest I‘ve seen, who did the installation?
Hello, in my case I think it is also due to the fixing of the hinges on the ceiling, because if you look at the interior parts, you can see that they are practically the same distance from the interior frame, on the outside there is something more than distance on the left, but not so much as to have that difference of 1 cm total.
If the fault is in the upper fixing to the ceiling, it is difficult to fix, right?

Thank you!

Thank you!
I think the first thing to do is make some careful measurements of the hinges from known datums, given that the roof is symmetrical it should be a simple case of comparing left and right hand sides.
Measuring the bottom hinge position is easy as it sits in the groove and is only adjustable inline, the end of the roof (gap to tailgate) can be the datum point.
At the top it’s not quite so straightforward but should still be possible.

Back