Reimo Awning Rail Question

Bazaboy66

T6 Pro
So the Coyboy outfit that completed the previous owners Transporter have put the rail on too high….what options have I got to make the brackets to fit!!!

FACF7406-2BE8-42CC-856C-1149E0380D39.jpeg

hi @Bazaboy66 and High is better then lower .. the sliding door raises at the back... when the door is slide open and the roof canvas of a awning or a canopy sits touching the door top or is sliding against it when opening / closing the door rubs against the canvas

i would say it's in a perfect position there where it is , if its not in the way of anything else your hanging from it

when installing /fitting it lower also hits the curved inner panel that either snaps your drill bit or the fixing screws for the rail hit and bottom out then bulge the outer skin screw holes

The gutter is great on the Reimo rail stops a lot of water running down and dripping onto the inner step when the slider is open

hope that helps Nick

It looks too short too, have they put a swb rail on a lwb van? It should finish nearer the tailgate
It looks too short too, have they put a swb rail on a lwb van? It should finish nearer the tailgate
im sure that's fine for an awning for slider door access into it as the front of the awning covers nearly all
the passenger door most awnings will cover at least half the passenger door for slider access but the rear of the might cut the rear window in half. think my Cayman would

L W B rail is 2 inches from the back door seam with the front edge rubber dripping onto the windscreen

i just looked

Maybe @Bazaboy66 is talking about it being too high to fit Fiamma brackets to it. If so I think the only option would be to see if it's possible to bend the brackets.

I agree with @Rattlehead, the rail is too short and is no good for fitting an awning to as the side of the awning will not allow the sliding door to open properly. You'd also have to go SWB Fiamma too otherwise the rear bracket will miss the rail.

J19523-0_2.jpg

would it matter if the Fiamma brackets or unit lent back a bit it wouldn't look unsightly and you would set the height of the canopy the same on its pol1645107406203.pnges . less the brackets hit the pop top

Last edited:
I reckon it’s fine for my driveaway awning but maybe I can ask a fabricator that has an amazing business. A modified bracket!

So disappointedly I’ve scrapped the idea of putting on the fiamma f45s LWB awning or any other fixed unit and apologies for wasting my fitters time over this. Love the spoiler that you fitted and Thankyou for your understanding.
It’s still got a purpose and a removable awning along with the driveaway I already have will have to do. I can’t see me going down the route of removing the rail and just now need to let it go!!

I now know why I called her Valerie…..She’s a bit of a crack head! Lol

B2F50F20-211E-4CBD-BF32-26997473F72E.jpeg

@Bazaboy66 it'll work fine as there's over hang on the Kadar strip and the figure of 8 rails will hold your awning in position and use little magnets down the side walls to seal against the van
SWB vans don't have any hassle using them rails
the Spoiler finishes off the van and looks a nice van you got there all be it team under coat but it's ready for spraying Acapulco Blue hahaha

if I went with the Kiravans rail sail awning with the SWB reimo rail that came on the LWB van!

With the reimo being higher up on the vehicle Would that be the compromise/solution to me at least getting an awning.

Maybe @Bazaboy66 is talking about it being too high to fit Fiamma brackets to it. If so I think the only option would be to see if it's possible to bend the brackets.

I agree with @Rattlehead, the rail is too short and is no good for fitting an awning to as the side of the awning will not allow the sliding door to open properly. You'd also have to go SWB Fiamma too otherwise the rear bracket will miss the rail.
That was exactly the problem my fitter had with the install. He’s kept the awning which he really didn’t have too! And put the spoiler on for free.

IMHO... The rail is a perfect height for your Canopy and awnings ect there is only a couple of mm in it. the slider door top will clear the canvas when opened and wont drag on the canvas while opening it.

The slider door is the same size on both LWB and SWB 400mm is added behind the sliding door stretching the wheel base 400mm for a LWB

you could sell the SWB rail and put it towards a LWB rail the rail is bonded in place so any pre holes will be covered and well sealed in
but i appreciate they are £220 each a tad over priced .

IMHO... The rail is a perfect height for your Canopy and awnings ect there is only a couple of mm in it. the slider door top will clear the canvas when opened and wont drag on the canvas while opening it.

The slider door is the same size on both LWB and SWB 400mm is added behind the sliding door stretching the wheel base 400mm for a LWB

you could sell the SWB rail and put it towards a LWB rail the rail is bonded in place so any pre holes will be covered and well sealed in
but i appreciate they are £220 each a tad over priced .
Hey MD, Thankyou for your feedback, I went to the trouble into buying a static fiamma LWB awning which brought all this to light but because of the height of the reimo rail the brackets don't fit safely due to the angles but cost and paintwork damage caused with removing and replacing a LWB lower will be too much!

@Bazaboy66 just thought i'd pass my experience on to you i fitted my rail 6mm up from the door after watching the Vidio's they said 5 - 7mm up Combe and Kiravans then me fitting the self drilling screws in the kit the threads don't reach the curved inner panel just the drill bit tips at that height and then need pre drilling that snaps the drill and it's to low for the door

wish i went at least 12 -15 even 20 mm up would clear internal curve and the sliding door top corner too.

regards Nick

Back