Reimo’s Variotech 3000 Seat And Power Rail System Rib Bed

DarrenTT

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I’ve got my camper van on order with a rib seat/bed. I’ve been doing loads of research and found the above rail system. My builder has quoted £3k for the install. the rib bed is included in the price, question is how easy would it be to get the rails fitted at a later date or do I need to find the extra at build time?

You mean the rails the thing slides on? If so, I imagine it would be extremely difficult/expensive to retrofit those.

Hi @DarrenTT I had the Reimo 3000 with power rails fitted to my LWB a few weeks ago.
The Reimo 3000 is a system and won’t take a RIB seat if that’s what you mean?
There are a few pictures in my thread in the camper section.
If you have any questions ask away. The power rails are bolted to big stainless steel plates that are bonded to the van floor. It’s a serious bit of kit and the seat itself is top quality as you would expect for the price.
Flat and very comfortable as a bed and good seats with headroom and feet on the floor unlike some other seat units.
It needs to be fitted by a Reimo approved installer for warranty and safety. I found that some of them wouldn’t install the power rails to secondhand vans or at least older ones.
Mine was done by Westward Leisure in Bideford which was a long way from us. John did a great job in about two days. The seat was worth the trip

My van is being bought new through a conversion company, I was looking at getting the best camper possible for the price, but an extra 3k ontop of what I’m paying is a bridge too far.
I’ll live with the fixed rib seat and see if it’s a problem, if it is I’ll look at getting it fitted at a later date. cheers for replies.

My van is being bought new through a conversion company, I was looking at getting the best camper possible for the price, but an extra 3k ontop of what I’m paying is a bridge too far.
I’ll live with the fixed rib seat and see if it’s a problem, if it is I’ll look at getting it fitted at a later date. cheers for replies.

The Sliding RIB needs a different raised floor to accommodate the rails so would be a very costly and awkward job to do later. I'd have a chat with your converter as to the cost of retrofit and this might help your decision. FWIW the sliding seat was one of the best things we had in our van.

The Remio system is great but needs to be installed by approved installers. I would budget around £6k for it. if you look to do it later then you would have to empty the habitation areas of the van completely...

Good luck!

Back