Regen and fuel consumption joys.

cfdave

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just wondering if my car is actually doing a regen all the time.
When I stop, a lot of the time the fans are still going etc. Even after a long drive. I've heard some engines are prone to regen issues? Anything I, or vw can do?
Also, I can't get over 32/34 mpg. Even on a long motorway run. And driving like miss daisy. Not going over 70 and slow/steady.
150bhp. Manual. 20" x 275 wheels.

I have some warranty on the van. So will book it in to vw to check too. And after warranty, a remap will help I know.

Any thoughts and advice welcome as always.

Have a read of this recent thread:
In summary, there's a huge variation in the fuel consumption that people are getting, often with no obvious reason, leaving some owners very happy and others not happy.

The additional weight and drag of the 20's will have an effect on consumption. Also, they will have slightly increased the gearing, so the the odometer won't be recording as many miles as you will have actually traveled.

32-34 sounds about right. It is a 2 tonne brick after all. I can get over 50mpg from mine on a regular 18 mile A road run. It's mostly very light throttle following lines of lorries. Point A to B is downhill and my average speed is about 40mph. I could tell the internet that mine will do 50mpg, but the reality is, the long term average for the last year is 36mpg.

Back