Rear Speakers

Take a look at some of Absolut5 posts, I have the pioneer coaxials that he recommends and fits regularly.

I have held back from posting on this subject until I had my unit coded to enable the rear fader.
I was reasonably happy with the sound from the factory speakers but wanted something in the rear to balance things out. Opted for a package deal from Slidepods and fitted Blam speakers to the rear and changed the front door speakers and a pillar tweeters as well. The difference in the sound quality is very noticeable and I'm very happy. Fitting was a doddle following advice from people here. The fader control on the head unit is quiet smart as well.

Coding of the headunit is possible with VCDS

You do not need to spend a lot on the rear speakers, as this distracts the quality sound you can achieve in the front, spend your time improving the front...

OK thanks all.

Now to see if I can find someone with a VCDS computer in Folkestone / Ashford area

OK, where on the vcds menu is the enable fader option? There are many many many options. We've looked in the obvious, but cannot see it.

Yep like Pauly says, and if I can do it, anyone can. The fader control on the head unit also looks way smarter once changed as an added bonus.

Does it really need to be enabled? I've just installed some rear speakers in mine and it sounds like they're set to 50/50 front to rear balance as default.

Rear speakers will work fine without enabling it, just gives you the option, i use it a fair bit when doing distance with the family as can send music to the rear for the kids

Coding of the headunit is possible with VCDS

You do not need to spend a lot on the rear speakers, as this distracts the quality sound you can achieve in the front, spend your time improving the front...

Hey Absolut5, I've seen on another thread the Pioneer speakers you fit in the rear of T6's. Could you please provide me with a quote to fit these in my 2015 T6. When it last went in for service, VW performed some kind of update to the infotainment system. Not sure if that makes any difference. How long would you need the van for?
Cheers
Marc

Hey Absolut5, I've seen on another thread the Pioneer speakers you fit in the rear of T6's. Could you please provide me with a quote to fit these in my 2015 T6. When it last went in for service, VW performed some kind of update to the infotainment system. Not sure if that makes any difference. How long would you need the van for?
Cheers
Marc
To supply and install Pioneer rear speakers, with good quality cable, OE pins for behind headunit and coding £125.00 inc vat

To supply and install Pioneer rear speakers, with good quality cable, OE pins for behind headunit and coding £125.00 inc vat

Hi Absolut5,

Which pioneers would you recommend for rear speakers to supplement the factory fronts? I’m putting the van into the converters next week and would quite like to spec some basic rear speakers for the kids.
(There’s only so much Disney CD I can handle through the front speakers!)

Cheers Mike

Back