Rear Right ABS (speed) sensor short circuit [Resolved]

The knob that fitted my roof used hinge bolts so long they nearly acted as a handbrake

Update
Van is fixed. The fault was the loom trapped between the roof frame and the surround of the pop up roof, rubbing against the frame at the rear left side. It may be that the T6.1 looms are thicker so was a genuine error. All fixed and protected, thanks for all the help which helped me narrow it down to within an inch of the damage. The converter found it in about 10 mins from my checks and all the forums help.

Hello! I got same fault in right rear abs and my code was C101D01 So i find the fault and it took at least 5 hours, but i found it!! It was in wires, behind rear light in the frame. I needed to cut wires in abs sensor and pull the wires out of the rear light wires hole. They looked really good conditions, but when i take off the tapes i found factory couplings and they was so rusted. I think they made those couplings because it was little bit longer than normal t6 it was bus model and like half meter longer... When this happened i got only something 3,5v in abs sensor and it shoult be 11-12v. What i saw there was same shit wires in left side too, so if you got electric problem in left abs sensors, check left side wires. Thank you.

Would like to add to this thread (even though tis bit cold now) That this helped me diagnose an ABS/ECS fault i was getting.

I installed the traveln-lite RCD360+ and Reversing camera and tapped a green wire in the roof loom that i thought was the reversing 12V...
I was wrong!
Turns out I tapped into the 12V for the ABS sensor on the Left Rear wheel.
Carista app reported the ECU fault as 'disconnected or shorted to ground' (So far its worth that 1month free subscription!)

So i think the ABS speed-sensor wires at least run up the B pillar and through the roof and down the C pillar.
Lesson learnt: Never assume anything until you see a full wiring diagram!

Back