Rear Quarter Ply panel fitment problem - No holes?

Vdubster

im got a T6 2018 Swb Van and have fit all my carpeted panels apart from teh 2 x rear quarters, for some reason i dont have any holes for the top halves of the boards? is this normal? am i supposed to drill the holes? i definitely have the right kit for the right van and every other panel is now fitted but these 2, its like vw forgot to put the holes or something? i have checked other websites and every one is selling the same kits with the same holes and stating they fit directly, i didnt half top halves when i removed the original grey ones ( had no windows ) but surely the holes for the top halves should be there? i have attached a picture of the panel i am talking about ( not my picture )

thanks in advance.

dfdfd.jpg

ukyt.jpg

From memory I think it’s only the Highline with upper panels as standard. If the holes aren’t there and you need them there’s only one solution.

There are no Holes or anywhere to drill into on the top section of both sides of that center beam and the panels Gape. if you mean next to the glass its a pain i have done a temporary fix with Velcro on a length of timber to pack it out . i need to Bond strips of timber to the van to then screw the panels down to top of the slider is the same there are 8mm factory holes for the top upper most edge

and F Y I anyone beware Custom shop design when you order a panel set don't even come with upper panels i found out the hard way they have the full size rear 1/4 s but expect you to have windows had i known i would of gone with full size front 1/4 x to from another supplier

and F Y I anyone beware Custom shop design when you order a panel set don't even come with upper panels i found out the hard way they have the full size rear 1/4 s but expect you to have windows had i known i would of gone with full size front 1/4 x to from another supplier

thats where i ordered my panels from, i orderd a panel kit for a T6 swb with 2 x front windows. i have 3/4 rear 1/4 panels that are all carpeted and ready to with hidden clips that now wont fit, cos there is no holes, i assumed as thats what they sent me, thats what would fit, looks like thats cost me £100 and 4-5 hours work. i guess its my fault for not checking, wouldnt be such a prob if the main carpet wasnt already fitted. That is really annoying, literally last panels and last clips...

00249CF5-D2F6-4706-B37D-11B0BDF4302A.jpg

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

@Vdubster Are you saying there are no holes at all along the top edge or just nowhere for the clips to go up the side of the pillar ?
I've just finished carpetting mine (started as a standard panel van with half height original grey rear 1/4 panels). I had holes in the metalwork for all the trim clips apart from up the side of the pillar. I just fitted brackets to the pillar and drilled a hole to accept the panel clips.
Might be a silly question but are you sure the carpet isn't covering the holes ?
Pics of mine for reference..........

20201127_144419a.jpg

20201206_130438.jpg

thats where i ordered my panels from, i orderd a panel kit for a T6 swb with 2 x front windows. i have 3/4 rear 1/4 panels that are all carpeted and ready to with hidden clips that now wont fit, cos there is no holes, i assumed as thats what they sent me, thats what would fit, looks like thats cost me £100 and 4-5 hours work. i guess its my fault for not checking, wouldnt be such a prob if the main carpet wasnt already fitted. That is really annoying, literally last panels and last clips...

View attachment 94331

View attachment 94332

View attachment 94333

oh i think they have sent you the wrong panels looking at the pic of the original lower panel

i thought you were saying if you have carpeted over the holes you just burn them through with a soldering iron some use a hot nail the holes will line up to your panel

View attachment 94331

View attachment 94332

View attachment 94333

They have sent you the wrong ones im sure my panels from custom shop design were nicely made and fitted spot on my L W B . my roof ( 2 peice ) fitted nicely too i ordered a 2nd roof that im making a Halo out of just you have to add on front uppers and slider upper to you order and extra cost cant remember if i added rear barn door uppers too ... they dont tell you this on the web site shop

Dummy fit the replacement panels they send you before carpeting don't know if they can or will help you with wasted carpet though

Back