Rear parking sensors - crappy connector

Nam600

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

My experience may explain a fair few problems people seem to suffer with their Parking sensors:

I had the van washed today and immediately afterwards, the parking pilot stopped working. A quick look at OBD11 revealed two rear sensors not working with implausable signals or completely missing. Took a look at one and found corrosion on the pins so I took them all off and found all have slight corrosion at the pins. After a lot of cleaning using a cut down nail emery board, I got the sensors working again. The connectors however can't really be cleaned but you can jig and poke with a needle then wash with WD40. I've got the parknpilot working again and saved myself £105 at Eurocarparts (even though they supplied the wrong ones) but I am pretty sure the connections are poor and will likely fault again.

The cable harness is OK so I am looking to buy new connectors. Does anyone have the part number for the 3pin plug pictured below?

The connector seal is pretty poor and doesnt seem to be able to prevent moisture ingress.
1663957858894.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Hi All,

My experience may explain a fair few problems people seem to suffer with their Parking sensors:

I had the van washed today and immediately afterwards, the parking pilot stopped working. A quick look at OBD11 revealed two rear sensors not working with implausable signals or completely missing. Took a look at one and found corrosion on the pins so I took them all off and found all have slight corrosion at the pins. After a lot of cleaning using a cut down nail emery board, I got the sensors working again. The connectors however can't really be cleaned but you can jig and poke with a needle then wash with WD40. I've got the parknpilot working again and saved myself £105 at Eurocarparts (even though they supplied the wrong ones) but I am pretty sure the connections are poor and will likely fault again.

The cable harness is OK so I am looking to buy new connectors. Does anyone have the part number for the 3pin plug pictured below?

The connector seal is pretty poor and doesnt seem to be able to prevent moisture ingress.
View attachment 173481

I had the same problem today I power washed my T6 and park pilot stopped working so I spayed with wd40 and they started working again !
Would you recommend looking at the sensors because the van still has warranty?
Thanks in advance mark

I had the same problem today I power washed my T6 and park pilot stopped working so I spayed with wd40 and they started working again !
Would you recommend looking at the sensors because the van still has warranty?
Thanks in advance mark
If it still has manufacturers warranty and you haven’t modified anything at all then I would see what they can do.

Back