Rear fog lights not operating [Resolved]

I‘ll assume it is the vans second MOT and the fog lights worked at the point of the previous MOT.
Perhaps some other maintenance / modification has caused the fault in the last year?
If you haven’t already done so have a methodical look at those factors, starting with the easiest checks first.

A huge thank you to everyone who offered the benefit of your experience. Using the information provided, I pulled and checked fuses took the passenger seat out to access the connectors in the base ( I have Volvo R design seats fitted) unplugged sprayed with contact cleaner, did a reset as suggested by Dellmassive. Im not sure which operation did the trick, but it did and I now have working Fog light and an MOT.
Now I need to take the poxy standard headlight bulbs back out and refit the LED's so I can see in the dark again.;)

HELP! Have posted about warning light on dash saying bulb is out. Only thing I can possible see is the rear fog light. Can someone please confirm which light contains the rear fog bulb, is both or just one? LEDs by the way. Second how do you get to the led to test? What screw fitting is it (some anti tamper screw) is used on the rear leds to take apart?

Also do the rear fogs come on if tow bar is in use? Have factory tow bar fitted (obviously not currently in use) so wondering if this has gone haywire and causing the problem?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Fog light drivers side in RHD vans.

Screenshot_20230305_131915_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230305_131941_Chrome.jpg

T6.1 LED style here....

Screenshot_20230305_132137_Chrome.jpg

What lights have you got?

As the T6.1 drives the rear led lights via PWM and is different to the T6.

Thanks Dell. Mine have a anti tamper screw that I haven't got a fitting for. Anyone know what the fitting is?

20230305_132651.jpg20230305_132655.jpg

Factory T6 led

20230305_111718.jpg

Looks like a security torx bit.

To might be able to get that out with a suitable size flat blade screwdriver.

Doesn't feel or look like a torx screw?

What a royal pain in the arse.

So if the rear fog light switch lights up and the dash rear fog lights up then the fuse should be working right?

Hmm... Looks like a 5 point.

Maybe a security Allen bit may work?

Screenshot_20230305_144114_Chrome.jpg

You don’t need to undo those screws, any lamps that are changeable can be removed straight out the back without taking anything more apart

Factory LEDs will have foglights on both sides so unlikely (but possible) that they have both gone at the same time ??

Also are the led bulbs even replaceable? Can't find a replacement online as of yet?
No,

AFAIK... The whole light unit needs replacing.

So you have fitted OEM T6.1 lights on your T6?

With direct wires.? No ballast resistors?

Back