Rear electric cable routes

Petegoss

T6 Pro
Hi, I’m currently installing a leisure battery and lights sockets etc, I need to get from the drivers seat (battery) to the rear side panel for a 12v socket Etc the best route as I see it, rather than going up and down the pillars would be behind the removable foot well plastic then into the void behind/above the wheel arch, theres no obvious route without removing the flooring, is there a route? Thank you

image.jpg

65339FAE-1033-487D-AD82-354C97514806.jpeg

Hello @Petegoss ,i think most people go up the a or b pillar and along the top,i know we did and thats where vw run their cables front to back

Yeh that’s the impression I’m getting though there’s a big oval rubber grommet inside the rear void on top of the wheel arch which I was hoping may go somewhere useful to feed some cables

If i remember rightly,its not too difficult going over the top and you can follow the factory wiring to make it nice and neat. Not sure about the wheelarch route but im sure somebody on here will have either tried it or done it,good luck anyhow

Cheers Martin, it’s a pretty safe bet I’ll end up going up and over unless anyone else pipes up! Cheers Martin!

Yeh that’s the impression I’m getting though there’s a big oval rubber grommet inside the rear void on top of the wheel arch which I was hoping may go somewhere useful to feed some cables
It goes outside and brings you out behind the external plastic wheelarch liner

Ah I see, cheers Pauly, mine already has what looks like a speaker cable running down into it, added by a previous owner, no idea what it might be for, it connects into the tail light wiring

Upon further investigation it looks like they run to the side bars that do t actually have lights in

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back