rear door t6.1 kombi

kohnny boy

hi guys and girls anyone know a way to make the rear door open and close with the remote control?tried to do it via infortainment system but not an option,have it set to open windows on a long press but the back door not an option maybe a safety issue if parked to close to other cars

Do you have tailgate or barn doors?

AFAIK the only one rear door that will do this is the tailgate if you have the electric rams fitted. And I think factory setting is open only, though I think other things can be done if you have access to coding equipment.

On the Caravelle I press and hold the unlock buttons after the van is unlocked - so it's not quite the same as the comfort open and close on the windows.

Do you have tailgate or barn doors?

AFAIK the only one rear door that will do this is the tailgate if you have the electric rams fitted. And I think factory setting is open only, though I think other things can be done if you have access to coding equipment.

On the Caravelle I press and hold the unlock buttons after the van is unlocked - so it's not quite the same as the comfort open and close on the windows.
Sorry tailgate

And do you have the electric rams so it opens under power?
It's not just the struts that open it that's for sure I have a button in the drivers door card that opens it and uts really hard to stop if you have to stop it must have a motor as it weighs a ton

If your struts like mine (in the avatar) then they are powered, quite chunky all the way up and a small wire out of each. And yes they are extremely powerful.

Try this:
1. Unlock the van
2. Press and hold the unlock button again

On mine that opens the tailgate (along with the Health and Safety beeper)

I think on some vans step 2 might be a quick triple press.

Note that if you have parking sensors then it will not open if the van believes there is not space.

If your struts like mine (in the avatar) then they are powered, quite chunky all the way up and a small wire out of each. And yes they are extremely powerful.

Try this:
1. Unlock the van
2. Press and hold the unlock button again

On mine that opens the tailgate (along with the Health and Safety beeper)

I think on some vans step 2 might be a quick triple press.

Note that if you have parking sensors then it will not open if the van believes there is not space.
Thanks for this will give it a go yes super chunky and if you pull the handl on the door it beeps.
Thanks

Back