Rear Centre Single Seat On Drivers Side??

ashT6

Evening all, newbie here! First question and apologies if already been asked but can’t find the answer I’m looking for. I have a swb panel van and would like to fit a single seat to the rear, the seat with the integral seat belt (currently few for sale on eBay with quick release brackets but would need the additional fixing brackets installed under van) I would ideally like to fit the seat to the drivers side if the van and not the centre as could then still load up sheets etc as working van. Is this possible or does it need to be mounted in centre? Thanks in advance!!

Evening all, newbie here! First question and apologies if already been asked but can’t find the answer I’m looking for. I have a swb panel van and would like to fit a single seat to the rear, the seat with the integral seat belt (currently few for sale on eBay with quick release brackets but would need the additional fixing brackets installed under van) I would ideally like to fit the seat to the drivers side if the van and not the centre as could then still load up sheets etc as working van. Is this possible or does it need to be mounted in centre? Thanks in advance!!
No it is not possible because the foot placement on the centre single seat are in a different place to the single seats designed for either side. The reason being is to allow for the step around the slider. Why do you specifically want the centre seat? Could you not achieve the same thing using the single seat designed for that side of the van and use the seat belt that is designed to go in the C-post?
Have a look at the picture of these singles on e-bay, it will reinforce what i’m trying to explain about the feet position.
Genuine VW T6 Transporter rear combi seats x 3 singles latest trim quick release | eBay

Many thanks for the reply, and I can see from that picture why it wouldn’t fit drivers side. I think I will still install the seat with the integral seat belt and fit centrally where it should be. The seat I have seen includes the QR fixings but not the brackets for fixing the the van bed, can anybody supply the part number for these? Cheers

I'm fitting a single seat behind the drivers seat. (Rather, I'm having it done along with other works). My solution was to purchase a Euro single seat in order to attain the correct seatbelt configuration with the C pillar mounting bracket. As I believe that the l/h drive vehicles have the single seat behind their passenger seat. Am I making sense here?
Anyway, the van is actually at the converters now, so should be ready any day now. LWB Panel Van. Hope this helps.

Back