Rear bumper protector recommendations

teddy

Only after a few weeks ownership of my T6 already have a few scuffs and scratches on the sill by the barn doors. My friend recommended a transparent loading sill protector (after t-cutting the scuffs out). Anybody has one/experience of them plus where to purchase them? Thanks

Self healing paint protection film. Wicked stuff, I've done mine, and my lab jumps in and out at shoots and hasn't marked it yet. Bring it to me and I'll fit you one for £60, all removable with no left over adhesive.

Got the same thing, it's brilliant, definitely stops the knocks and scrapes.

Sorry guys I'm after a clear/transparent sill protector for barn doors. Any recommended websites? The only one I can find is in Germany.

I cocked up good and proper last week, went to fit my genuine VW sill protector, was in a rush and peeled the tape off fully, was lining it up and it flopped out of my hand about an inch out of line and wouldn't budge !! couldn't believe it. I had to visit my mates bodyshop and we spent the next hour with a heat gun and a plastic scraper removing it :mad: Now fitted in the correct manner !!

I have the clear VW one, no problem at all and it protects! Got it from Lookers Vw

I think I'm going to order the QB one @Loz How did you find the fit?
Very good, but the trim mounting tape is on 2 sides so make sure you have a helper to fit it, one on each end etc.

I cocked up good and proper last week, went to fit my genuine VW sill protector, was in a rush and peeled the tape off fully, was lining it up and it flopped out of my hand about an inch out of line and wouldn't budge !! couldn't believe it. I had to visit my mates bodyshop and we spent the next hour with a heat gun and a plastic scraper removing it :mad: Now fitted in the correct manner !!
That's why I got the dealer to fit mine - I'd have cocked it up royally.

If I did it again I would pull all the tape off the wide piece, but just an inch of the tape on the lip just long enough to get hold of. Then push the short downward face on first then down with the top, then pull down on the tab of tape all along to pull it out from between the tape and bumper and press home after the tape has pulled out.

Remember to dry fit it first so you get an idea of how much gap you are looking for when it's tight to the bumper.

I've had VW ones but they fade to a very light grey over time and look cheap in my opinion. Hence the carbon fibre route.

Back