Reading festival

Johnod17

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone dropped off at Reading festival before
I am dropping my daughter and friends in my T5.1 with a fiamma f40 awning on,the height on the car park sign is 2.05 ,this is very very close to the total height of the van.
I can not see any information on the reading site to say there is a hight restriction,can any one let me know if you have dropped off in your van.
Thanks

I live near Reading, TBH in spite of all the signage and instructions, every year kids seem to get dropped off all over the place.

I think you get directed to Hills Meadow Car Park ? I get under that barrier, and my Thule Awning is 2.0 m on the dot. If you can't get in there and the height restriction barrier is still across the entrance (sometimes its moved as they put a Funfair in there) - go to Kings Meadow near the Lido. Often they run a river taxi over to the site from both car parks.

The cheeky alternative is the TGI Friday's / ALDI Car park, but a bit of a walk to the site if they have loads of gear - but easy to just follow the crowds down to the site. Or drop off by the front of the Station?

I live near Reading, TBH in spite of all the signage and instructions, every year kids seem to get dropped off all over the place.

I think you get directed to Hills Meadow Car Park ? I get under that barrier, and my Thule Awning is 2.0 m on the dot. If you can't get in there and the height restriction barrier is still across the entrance (sometimes its moved as they put a Funfair in there) - go to Kings Meadow near the Lido. Often they run a river taxi over to the site from both car parks.

The cheeky alternative is the TGI Friday's / ALDI Car park, but a bit of a walk to the site if they have loads of gear - but easy to just follow the crowds down to the site. Or drop off by the front of the Station?

but a bit of a walk to the site if they have loads of gear
At some of the big festivals you can easily clock up 10 - 15 miles walking a day depending on where they have you camped.

That's great ,thanks for the information.
The last thing I want to do is damage the van, normally I don't have a problem but just fitted a Fiamma F40 in stead of a awning rail, so a little cautious .:rolleyes:

At some of the big festivals you can easily clock up 10 - 15 miles walking a day depending on where they have you camped.
Hopfully they will be all OK as they have done the DOE bronze and silver so used to walking with a back pack on.
Keeping my fingers crossed for them with the weather ,if its like me every time I go it rains.:mad:

Back