Re-position Of 2nd Row Seats

Picton7

VIP Member
Apologies in advance if this has already been asked, is it feasible to re-position the 2nd row seats 18 inches to 2 feet towards the rear of the van. Thanks

I guess anything is possible. You will need to get the QR feet moved backwards, or add a new set in behind the front set. That way you can have them in the front slots, or place the front feet in the back set of the normal place, then the back feet of the seat will clip into the newly added ones.
If that makes sense.

I guess anything is possible. You will need to get the QR feet moved backwards, or add a new set in behind the front set. That way you can have them in the front slots, or place the front feet in the back set of the normal place, then the back feet of the seat will clip into the newly added ones.
If that makes sense.
Thanks for the reply ;)

Exploria did this in their 2017 demo van. It works well in an LWB.

Is it a triple bench? In which case there are the markings in the floor, to be able to move it back to a ‘factory position’, the same as a shuttle 3rd row.

Maybe this might help. I screen shot this some months ago from the forum as it shows the position of the dimples in the floor where the seat floor brackets can be located. I think the dimple is required in order for the clamp to get clearance to lock round the bar in the bracket . Note there are different widths of footprint for the centre seat compared to side seats if you have individuals. The centre seat has the same width footprint as a triple bench seat.

Screenshot_20170915-201059.png

I'd imagine it would need to be the triple bench seat as they have the seat belts in the seats and not on the c pillars

Erm, not quite. If it's the same triple seat that's on the Shuttle, the seatbelts are mounted on the side of the van both in the mid ship position and also the rear location, between the wheel arches.

I'd imagine it would need to be the triple bench seat as they have the seat belts in the seats and not on the c pillars
?
I have a triple bench seat, it is only the centre seat that has the belt built into the seat. The two outer positions have the belts mounted on the C-pillar.
This is also the same for the 2+1 and the 1+1+1.

It’s either the triple that will fit with new seatbelts, mounted in the rear or the middle single seat out of a shuttle - two of these can be fitted, and the seatbelts are integral.

?
I have a triple bench seat, it is only the centre seat that has the belt built into the seat. The two outer positions have the belts mounted on the C-pillar.
This is also the same for the 2+1 and the 1+1+1.

Sorry, I thought the triple had all 3 seat belts mounted on the seats.

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked, is it feasible to re-position the 2nd row seats 18 inches to 2 feet towards the rear of the van. Thanks
Hi although this was a few years back, wondering if you did this and if so how you overcame the seatbelt problem… I had the same thought of moving them back 400mm cheers

Is it a triple bench? In which case there are the markings in the floor, to be able to move it back to a ‘factory position’, the same as a shuttle 3rd row.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but can the Kombi 2+1 rear seats(T6.1) be moved to the rear position too or is it just the triple bench?

Back