Third row seat configuration.

DB3000

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi people, recently collected my t6.1 SWB Kombi. Current configuration is 5 seats (2x captain & 2+1 second row). I want to add 2X seats to the third row, I have search the forum (using search function) but can't find my answer.

If I purchase a 1+1+1 seat setup, can I fit just the 2X outer seats to the third row of a swb kombi? As in are there the fixing positions for this and do the seats sit over the arch as I imagine they would?

I understand I need to fit the seat mounts/seat belts etc (hoping seatbelt mounts are there also?)

I just want to be able to remove the seats easily on the third row so a bench is no good.

First Post so be gentle!

Thanks

If using factory located mounts 3rd row can only be triple bench or single centre seat from a 1+1+1
Other options won’t clear the wheel arches.

Ah OK. Thanks. So bench tripple it may have to be.

Can you mount the fitting plates in different locations or best to stick to factory?

Looks like @BognorMotors can do 2 single centre seats in 3rd row.
I’m sure this isn’t a factory configuration so I’d be interested to know if there is any crash test certificate for this layout.

Looks like @BognorMotors can do 2 single centre seats in 3rd row.
I’m sure this isn’t a factory configuration so I’d be interested to know if there is any crash test certificate for this layout.
Yes it is in the Vw Shuttle. They have feet for a seat in the n/s with all the correct reinforcement plates. You can just duplicate it on the RHS

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what floor reinforcing brackets I'd need to fit a triple bench to the third row? Is it the same amount as for fitting the triple in the regular position?

Ah OK. Thanks. So bench tripple it may have to be.

Can you mount the fitting plates in different locations or best to stick to factory
If using factory located mounts 3rd row can only be triple bench or single centre seat from a 1+1+1
Other options won’t clear the wheel arches.
Hi, that’s not true. I have 2 singles fitted in the 3rd row using factory located mounts

Back