Re interior light timer

Mr blue

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Is there a setting to make the interior light turn of quicker after the doors open eg you open the side door and leave it open mine seems to stay on for 10 minutes ?

Dellmassive

204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
here:

****************************************************************************************
BCM rear light TIMER :

credit: @JCElec

You can change the time by changing module 09 chanal 038. standard value is: 21 (10.5 minutes) en you can change it to 254 (127 minutes). it's multiplying whit 30 sec.

@mmi Excellent info. Thanks. Seems to match with my observations in thread Led Rear Interior Lights - How I Done It.
- channel 38 in my van has value of 121 - and indeed I had observed the lights (obviously the new setting came with factory LEDs in cargo space) stay on for 60 mins.

Reactions: mmi

Deaky

On yer bike
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'd upped that value to the max to keep my courtesy lights on as long as poss, it doesn't work. I've come to the conclusion that setting is the timer for the BCM shutting down the courtesy +ve feed if you switch your lights on manually. It doesn't affect how long the lights stay on if you open a door. There must me another setting for that :whistle:

mmi

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'd upped that value to the max to keep my courtesy lights on as long as poss, it doesn't work. I've come to the conclusion that setting is the timer for the BCM shutting down the courtesy +ve feed if you switch your lights on manually. It doesn't affect how long the lights stay on if you open a door. There must me another setting for that :whistle:
Would this illustrate the logic of T6 BCM courtesy lights switched +ve/-ve (on panel van/kombi)? Any other conditions, anything else?
bcm-1e.png