Rcd 360 head unit affecting air conditioning

Brian rogers

Help please guys and gals
I have bought an aftermarket head unit , when I connect adaptor harness and power radio on head unit works perfectly but air con keeps turning off and on . I have tried 2 leads and still have same problem when I reconnect old factory head unit air con is fine again any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

thats very odd.,

what spec van etc?

whats the radio got to do with the AC?

can you get a clip of it on your phone, and post a link to that here?

++++

It's not unusual it's why we stopped doing them. They're Chinese adapted unit I've had them do also sorte of weird things on the CANbus network.

gotcha. . .

Chinese special Radio,

so they come with a 2way CAN BUS adapter that can send out iffy DATA on the CAN bus that may mess with the vans data,?

+++++++++

example

1682242218751.png

Reactions: mmi
On T6 Radio/Infotainment and Air Conditioner are on convenience CAN bus - among several other units: trailer controller, electric door controllers, parking heater controller, etc. and even the BCM.

Help please guys and gals
I have bought an aftermarket head unit , when I connect adaptor harness and power radio on head unit works perfectly but air con keeps turning off and on . I have tried 2 leads and still have same problem when I reconnect old factory head unit air con is fine again any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
so looking at the above,

the radio is the problem.

have a word with @Absolut5 about a decent radio upgrade.

++

++

thats very odd.,

what spec van etc?

whats the radio got to do with the AC?

can you get a clip of it on your phone, and post a link to that here?

++++
It’s a start line ex rac I’ll see if I can get a vid and post , when radio is off aircon works as it should as soon as I power radio on air con is going on and off also the halo lights round knobs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the feedback Dav I’ll look into replacement and let all know ,I just can’t understand how it can affect the air con unit itself works perfect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because they all talk on the CANbus network to each other and the the headunit is causing interference with data on that network which is effecting signals to a from certain module like the ignition on signal from the BCM etc

Back