Rainbow screen blew off twice last weekend

I detest threads like this. Not only had I made a promise not to fill the van with those little 'essential just in case items' like

"that’s a great idea for stormy weather, I will add a reel of bungee cord ( no hooks) to my zip tie/Gaffa
tape
emergency camping kit"

and now I need a

"A Karcher window vac is fab with dealing with any condensation year round"

I thought 'stealth purchases' had stopped when I stopped cycling everywhere :p
The cord is a good idea. No hooks to mark the van.

Could be used as a washing line or for a multitude of different uses.

I thought one of the big "benefits" of external screens was the absence of sucker marks :whistle: Our internal screens have never blown away;)
I had the wipers on the bottom, but it was mega windy in Benicassim and it blew the top of the cover down and separated it from the sides where it just velcros on. Jim just going to do the very top corners

Reactions: CAB
Two roof rack straps (always carried anyway) from door handles across the middle of the Rainbow screen will do the job in horrendous winds like those in the Western Isles but the fight to fit the cover in the first place often sees it left in the bag.
I have a simple bungee and three pegs that goes between the B pillar coat hooks which I use to hang a towel for a rough and ready privacy screen if I leave the Rainbow cover off.

Reactions: CAB
Back