Rain Sensors

Caravellet6

T6 Legend
The ones in the van actually seem to work quite well, does anyone know if the rain sensor auto closes windows? Does this on my Skoda....

Yes, I activated on mine with VCDS but haven't confirmed if it works yet, if I'm honest I have my doubts as window was left open a crack the other weekend and I'm sure it had rained overnight but not 100%

Sorry to resurrect an old post but..... I'm not entirely sure my rain sensors are working correctly. They occasionally activate for a single wipe due to a pot hole and sometimes during some rain. However, it certainly doesn't operate the window wipers in a regular/ repeatable fashion (and actually quite rarely in the rain)

Any ideas on how it should operate, the manual hasn't really helped.

On mine you can adjust the sensitivity, I have it one click from max. They do single wipes for a few spots of rain, intermittent for light rain and continuously for heavier rain at varying speeds. Not usually keen on auto options, but do love the auto wipers.

Yes DaveBos, I've used them in various golfs and polos for hire cars and absolutely loved them. The t6 just doesn't seem to work the same.

Maybe I'll have to give the van centre a call to find out.

Mine have played up from new. Do yours work if you push the lever forward so the rear wiper is on as well mine do . The dealer couldn't find a fault so I am stuck with it so I just unplugged the rear wiper in the tailgate and use it like that all the time. I am sure it a fault with the control switch so could be the same as yours if it works when you go over a pothole. They would sell me new switch gear for £85 but I decided to put up with it to the end of the lease and get another Renault . If you have any luck getting yours fixed please post what the fault was.

On mine you can adjust the sensitivity, I have it one click from max. They do single wipes for a few spots of rain, intermittent for light rain and continuously for heavier rain at varying speeds. Not usually keen on auto options, but do love the auto wipers.
Mine are set up the same, work fine.

Mine all work fine. I like the sensitivity adjustment works well. You have to activate them on start up but I was thinking this was a feature in case the screen was frozen, or am I just getting excited again :unsure::)??

Hmm what is the process for activating on start up? I've just been leaving the wiper stalk on the auto setting...

Mine work perfectly after switching off and back on to activate after turning on the ignition. IIRC I had the same in my Cayenne so assume the activation thing is pretty common?

I don't think I activate mine?? Maybe I do without thinking.

Back