Puzzled

Avon1330

IMG_0203.jpeg

So this is what I see when I switch the ignition off on my 2020 6.1.

It looks to me like someone was having a joke when they programmed the unit ;-)

Does anyone else have this ? Can it be changed? If so, by me or does it have to go into a VW Service Dealer.

Surely it should read....

Goodbye

Is the van empty ?

Have you got everything? Mobile phone? Is everyone out of the van ;-)

In the scheme of things of course its not a problem - just annoying and as I am OCD, I lose sleep at night (only joking !)

It's just the name of the primary user, or possibly there is no name entered at all.

Pop into settings under the menu (bottom right) and check your user setup. You'll probably need all registered keys to change it (I assume this is security so you can't change it with one key if you've borrowed or hired it)

You do want to make sure you are the primary user and not some past owner, if the past owner has set up and authorised WeConnect then they will still be able to remotely access the vans position and receive alerts about the alarm going off.

Luckily the Transporter is physically not able to remotely unlock or start from a phone so the risk is mostly privacy.

"Got all everything"????
It'd be bad enough having a van that thinks you're 10 years old and it's your Mother, it's worse that they couldn't translate from German properly.

Back