pub camping

8APS

VIP Member
Good evening happy campers. We believe there is a site for overnight stays on pub car parks as long as you eat at the pub that night (and why wouldn't you) Has anyone used the site and camped out at these pubs?

Cheers

Brit stop is popular.

You need to buy the book.

Subscription renewal is march ish..... I think.

Screenshot_20221106-165824_Chrome.jpg

Why thank you kindly as that will come in for a late stocking filler for my wifey

Reactions: CAB
Does anyone belong to the camping and caravanning club - is it worth joining ?
@Newadventurer We joined the Caravan and Motorhome Club a few weeks ago. This is going to be our first season of camping, so we are newbies too.
We chose it because it was recommended to us by a friend as being “better”. I have no idea, but I haven’t been impressed with their prices.
In my very limited experience what I can say is their van insurance wasn’t competitive and the prices they quote for members is almost false advertising IMHO, as they advertise on a single person occupancy basis and they charge by the person on their club sites, so it soon stacks up. They say members get a discount, it’s more like non members have to pay a larger premium,if they are even allowed on a site, and members only have to pay a premium!! We are going to try a couple of their smaller certified locations to see what we think but, generally, for this years bookings we’ve found pitchup.com to be much more competitive.

We joined both CAMC and CCC this year, just to try to use them and get a feel for which is best. Echoing the comments above about prices being quoted per person, the costs soon mount up. An irritation for us is that there is no online booking system for either. Phone calls / emails are needed to secure any booking. Also, CAMC seem to generally be a hookup in a field. No facilities, which for those of us in a campervan who like a proper loo and a shower means we avoid them.

We find Pitchup so much better.

I always promised myself that if a whole membership period went past without using any of their sites, I wouldn't bother with my CCC membership again and that has now happened. I never learned to love the near military approach to positioning that some of the wardens seem to relish (had enough of that at work!) and actually had a dispute with 2 wardens at the Moreton site where one of them told us how to park and the other subsequently came along and asked us to re-positionthe van - after stating my case and refusing to move, I withdrew and left them arguing it out between them. I also got a bit peed of by their referring to the 'such and such' site when it was often nowhere near the place after which it was named (Lynton is a good example). If I ever really must use one of their sites for some reason, I might re-consider but for now, no thanks.

I always promised myself that if a whole membership period went past without using any of their sites, I wouldn't bother with my CCC membership again and that has now happened. I never learned to love the near military approach to positioning that some of the wardens seem to relish (had enough of that at work!) and actually had a dispute with 2 wardens at the Moreton site where one of them told us how to park and the other subsequently came along and asked us to re-positionthe van - after stating my case and refusing to move, I withdrew and left them arguing it out between them. I also got a bit peed of by their referring to the 'such and such' site when it was often nowhere near the place after which it was named (Lynton is a good example). If I ever really must use one of their sites for some reason, I might re-consider but for now, no thanks.
This mirrors my experience with both of these clubs. The costs are not the best and I saw no benefit from being a member except for small '5 van sites' that generally sat on a farm miles away from a pub and did not allow dogs or kids!

You get the 'senior' members (as I was once told) telling you have been members longer and get 1st dibs at stuff. I was once asked to move cos this couple always park in that spot! When I refused they fetched the warden who tried to politely ask me to move cos they'd make his life hell! I didn't move and they made a real fuss on the site and actually wrote a letter of complaint about me to the Coventry office. An upside was a guy gave me a beer cos he knew them and they were well known pains in the arse.

This mirrors my experience with both of these clubs. The costs are not the best and I saw no benefit from being a member except for small '5 van sites' that generally sat on a farm miles away from a pub and did not allow dogs or kids!

You get the 'senior' members (as I was once told) telling you have been members longer and get 1st dibs at stuff. I was once asked to move cos this couple always park in that spot! When I refused they fetched the warden who tried to politely ask me to move cos they'd make his life hell! I didn't move and they made a real fuss on the site and actually wrote a letter of complaint about me to the Coventry office. An upside was a guy gave me a beer cos he knew them and they were well known pains in the arse.
that sounds very friendly not - might give them a miss then

Back