Protective Seat Covers Front + Bench - How I Did It -

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Protective seat covers Front + Bench - How i did it -

Not the most technical of postings today, but a good idea of what they look like if anyone else was looking to fit a set.

We had the original WV OEM plane grey covers from the old T5.1, these had lasted very well for over 7 years with no rips tears and only slight fading. . . . . So it seemed like VW had it nailed so we decided to go for the same again . . . . but this time with a bit more bling and nice new black colour and sportline embroidery.

We called our local dealer only to be told that VW were out of stock and had supply issues ( yawn ! ). . . . . . so over to Google went.

A quick search come up with these:

GENUINE SPORTLINE VW T6 TRANSPORTER 2015+ BLACK FRONT SEAT COVERS 1+2 WATERPROOF

VW T6 2015 Onwards
Transporter
RHD models

Genuine VW Sportline

Single Drivers seat & Twin Passenger seat
100% Waterproof
Seat Cover Set

100% VAG product

OEM Sportline Item
Black Finish
Waterproof
Seat Cover Set

OEM quality seat cover set,
Easy to Fit, Quick to Protect

77.JPG

what arrived were these . . . . true to their word a set of OEM covers : ZGB 7E0 062 007.

20180501_171020.jpg

you can see the temporary old grey ones on the bench seat. . . . The factory leather seats looked way to nice to not have permanent covers for basically a working van. . .

20180501_171354.jpg

The drivers seat cover come as a single piece with additional arm rest covers and a head rest cover. following the instructions were simple as . . . . though it was a VERY tight fit at first.

20180501_171401.jpg

It was a case of removing the head rests first and the placing the covers over the top, there were a few clips and hooks that went down the back for the seat base and hooked on, all the pieces lined up perfectly . . . .

The bench seat cover was similar, though the lower seat base was a separate section, again with tags and hooks that wrap around to keep the covers tight and snug. . . . . .

20180501_175923.jpg

it took a few days/week for the covers to stretch out, so there were a few re-visits to try and stretch them again to make the velcro seams match up.

20180501_175935.jpg

They been on for a couple of months now and have to say im very happy with them.

i much prefer the black colour and the fit is as you would expect - perfect.

Being OEM they also have the seat bolster airbag blow-out arear that you need to be mindful if you fit aftermarket ones and have the seat airbags.

so if your looking for seat covers for your pride and joy, i can highly recommend the VWCV OEM ones in standard grey or sportline black.

EDIT:

heres a quote from the OEM manual

Additional safety regulations for side airbag
t The use of genuine seat covers is recommended.
t Under no circumstances may seat covers be fitted which have not been specifically approved for use on Volkswagen seats with side airbags.
t The foam padding in the seat backrest must not be cut away in the vicinity of the side airbag.
t When installing, make sure the seam for the side airbag is straight.
t All upholstery clips (metal and plastic clips) must be renewed.
t The use of genuine upholstery clips is recommended.
t When installing, all upholstery clips must be fitted in the same positions as the original ones.
t If the seat cover fabric is damaged (tears, burn marks, etc.) in the vicinity of the side airbag, the cover must always be replaced for safety reasons, as otherwise the side airbag will not inflate properly.
t Repairs may not be carried out on the backrest cover in the area of the side airbag (because of the special thread and precisely defined seam).
t Always renew the backrest cushion after the side airbags have been triggered.
t All damaged components must be renewed after an accident. The original airbag unit can still be used if no signs of damage are found.
t If side airbag units are renewed, the sticker for the airbag number must be removed from the new side airbag unit and stuck over the old sticker on the seat pan.
t Never poke upholstery needles or any other sharp objects through the seat cover fabric in the vicinity of the airbag, seat occupied sensor, front passenger side -G128- and the seat occupied sensor mat.

EDIT: Credit: @Deep black sparky

Help needed here please guys....
I ordered 1+1 Sportline seat covers from vanstyle after confirming with them they were airbag friendly (apparently they checked with VW who said yes)

What has arrived has a yellow sticker on the inlay card saying not suitable for models with airbag seats
However they have the Velcro bits on the correct sides as in the pictures above
Just to muddy the waters further my part number is ZGB7E0062006 which is obviously different to anything mentioned above.
Vanstyle day just send them back but they look correct....
Any and all advice as to compatibility gratefully received

Pauly: I didn’t check was going by the 7E part number where the ones I have seen are 7H for T6

DBS:

I’ve emailed auto-kit who make/import them in an attempt to get a definitive answer and will post their response when/if I get one because I think the info might be useful to other members looking to do the same thing...
Thanks for all the replies so far!
Ok so they actually rang me back really quickly and said that it’s an old part number (T5 as Pauly thought) but that they’ve had instructions from VW for some time to make them compatible regardless of part numbers to simplify production/stock holding. So as long as the covers have the Velcro side panels for the airbags (wich mine do) then they’re a universal fit for T5 or T6 with or without airbags.
Hope this helps others looking to do the same...

Airbag Compatible Sportline Waterproof Seat Covers - T6

More info over here > Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

Last edited:
Seems almost criminal covering up those beautiful leather seats ;) understand why tho :thumbsup:

Seems almost criminal covering up those beautiful leather seats ;) understand why tho :thumbsup:

yep,

but i would be criminal to ruin them with 3 fat builders bums after a day on a building site covered head to toe in all manor of nasty stuff....

I take them off now and again when when the work and weather is not so messy.

=]

Back