Private plates and roadside assistance

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
I rang my local VW dealer a couple weeks back to ask if I had to notify them that I had changed my numberplate and they couldn't give me an answer, so I asked them to update my reg on their computer systems and today I received a new roadside assistance card with the new plate on it, not sure if it really matters that much but if I hadn't I think I would have had to quote old VRN if I ever called them out which I have already forgotten.

When I swapped mine (on a previous VW) I put it in writing to the service manager and VW assistance. Got acknowledgement from both and a new plastic card with new reg number on it.

I phoned them a few weeks back with the same question. I was told not to worry about it and should I need assistance tell them at the time of making the call and the mechanic would check the VIN number when he arrived. They said next time I am at a main dealers ask them to update the records. I think I might phone again and ask them to update it as you have Pauly. It's shocking how many different answers to our niggles come back from VW!

Back