Power for amplifier

Brindle

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I am planning to install an amplifier under the driver seat to power a 12” sub enclosure I have made that fits under the rear twin seat. The only bit that I’m finding daunting is powering the thing. Does anyone have any tips for the best way to run the power cable directly to the battery, whether you can use an existing hole in the bulkhead, what bits dash need to come out etc etc.

Any help before I end up making more of a job if it than it needs to be is greatly appreciated!!

pic of sub in place if anyone is interested, after much deliberation with a buddy we thought it was the best place as the speaker cable from the amp can come under the rubber mat and out the hole where the seat floor mount is and with a QR can be taken in and out in seconds if needed, it’s out of sight and uses otherwise wasted space.

D07A47CE-A6A9-4191-8B2F-E01211F45307.jpeg

Last edited:
Use the same route that people use when installing a 2nd battery. There are guides on here with pics.

I searched but they all seem to be different. As per below under the scuttle, the only grommet I can find is circled but it’s attached to something the other side, it’s as if it’s a breather of some sort? Mine is the 204 whether that makes any difference to the available hikes etc? 21ECE1E9-194A-4E9D-82DC-438D884D0C82.jpeg424E3F02-B9E9-4A1A-BAE5-88B62F284405.jpeg

I haven't heard of a breather at that point before.
There is another grommet about 130mm below that one which you can access once you remove the battery.

I haven't heard of a breather at that point before.
There is another grommet about 130mm below that one which you can access once you remove the battery.

The grommet behind the battery just feeds into the cavity I already have access to???10106CF1-1E3C-4BFE-8E78-0EC5240A3B8C.jpeg

On my T6.1 ok took my amp feed through that gromet,

View attachment 113500
Thanks, weirdly is different in mine, it’s not a grommet but a drain for the heating system, I managed to sort it in the end, there is a bigger drain grommet I found that I could drill a small hole through and pass the wire through that, blooming more of a job in the end than I thought it would be, though like everything, now I’ve done it, if If I did it again I could do it in a quarter of the time

Thanks, weirdly is different in mine, it’s not a grommet but a drain for the heating system, I managed to sort it in the end, there is a bigger drain grommet I found that I could drill a small hole through and pass the wire through that, blooming more of a job in the end than I thought it would be, though like everything, now I’ve done it, if If I did it again I could do it in a quarter of the time

Do you have a pop top roof? usually a drain from the roof.

Do you have a pop top roof? usually a drain from the roof.

No,when I had the bottom of the dash off to do wiring, i could see it was connected to the heating system, wish I’d have taken a photo to help future fellow T6 owners with the head scratching.

Back