Potential Buyer Beware BT18OKB

T6Louis

Dear all,
I would hate for any of you to experience what I’ve just been through over the past 18 months.
If you see a van for sale on the forecourt, auto trader, eBay, classified ad, auction etc etc I would strongly urge you to avoid at all costs.
BT18OKB
T6 T32 150 Kombi van with double sliding door and rear tailgate rear door.
Today it all came to an end and finally we as a family got the result we deserved, the dealer accepted the rejection, took the vehicle back from us at almost what we bought it for back in Sept 2021.
Do not let the any main dealer grind you down, stand up for what you believe in, ALWAYS!
It took 5-6 weeks of my constant phones calls everyday, 100s of emails and letters to get the result I needed and deserved.
Once you get though to the right people, usually those at the very top and not some corporate greedy money grabber the jobs done.
Today the little guy won!

Major manufacturers fault with the Adblue system
Various Lights on dash sporadically appearing then disappearing.
Adblue error message with amber light, no engine restart after 650 miles along with EML Lights, I would fill up with fuel, restart the vehicle and everything would be reset.
Sometimes diagnosed and supposedly fixed.
Told work was carried out when it wasn’t.
Sometimes NO faults founds despite the dash board looking like a Christmas tree.
Test plans carried out, repairs done and then within months the same fault reoccurring.
Horrendous service from main dealer, I mean absolutely terrible customer relations.
Up to 10 weeks for a garage slot
This was the 6th time in 14000 miles and i just had enough.

Major manufacturers fault with the Adblue system
Various Lights on dash sporadically appearing then disappearing.
Adblue error message with amber light, no engine restart after 650 miles along with EML Lights, I would fill up with fuel, restart the vehicle and everything would be reset.
Sometimes diagnosed and supposedly fixed.
Told work was carried out when it wasn’t.
Sometimes NO faults founds despite the dash board looking like a Christmas tree.
Test plans carried out, repairs done and then within months the same fault reoccurring.
Horrendous service from main dealer, I mean absolutely terrible customer relations.
Up to 10 weeks for a garage slot
This was the 6th time in 14000 miles and i just had enough.
Sounds a knightmare hopefully doesn’t put you off for life genuinely love my kombi for so many reasons and have had plenty of nice motors but love the van for different reasons such a good all rounder

I hope it doesn't put you off T6's altogether, there are plenty of good ones out there.
I bought a 2016 T6 in 2019 and I've just done 40K miles in it and just had to replace rear brake pads for MOT. Apart from that, nothing except a set of tyres and normal servicing. (I do it myself, more than I should). Sadly as with all manufacturers you get good vans and bad vans.

Back