Post 2012 Beetle.

undecided on petrol or diesel

I'd be going for petrol, especially as you say it's for you to use as a "runaround" which I'm assuming will involve short journeys. Plus you get cheaper fuel and no adblu, EGR and DPF.
I'm with you on DSG though, I'll never own another manual.

I'd be going for petrol, especially as you say it's for you to use as a "runaround" which I'm assuming will involve short journeys. Plus you get cheaper fuel and no adblu, EGR and DPF.
I'm with you on DSG though, I'll never own another manual.
My short journeys are around 15 miles ,25 mins....so not too bad ,the performance on the 1.4 tsi petrol is good but economy not the best.....did consider the 1.2 tsi fab economy.....

Well I've now checked out 2 and both were not for me ,the 2.0 diesel DSG was a decent drive and the 1.4 TSI manual was also pretty good......but I've decided on a 2.0 TSI DSG .......I pick it up on Monday , purchased over the phone subject to test drive etc.....I'll keep you all posted. :thumbsup:

<<<<< Try one of these.

Forget the DGS just learn double de-clutching with the totally crash four speed box and don't try the ACC as it's not connected to the cable brakes!

Does buying an extra vehicle to save money really work? I'm a car and motorbike in to the experiment now and it's not looking good for me but I do t want to get rid of either. Maybe we should just admit we want another vehicle just because we do?

No. Not including depreciation as the right older car shouldn't loose much money, but what you'll spend taxing, insuring, servicing, probably repairing and most definitely improving, will pay for a lot of diesel in a vehicle that does 20mpg less.

We've recently bought our daughter a Polo to learn in. I've been driving it a bit to 'save the van' and can assure you that it doesn't add up.

1.9tdi without dpf is the one :)
My 2004 beetle 1.9Tdi 101hp was disappointing.
It replaced my golf 4 1.9td 90hpi.
The Golf averaged 70MPG, the beetle only 45. Beetle felt faster because of the Pumpduse system but not sure it was .
However the 1.9 tdi was reliable and the rest of the car crap.

Right ! It's now almost 8 months after Xmas so I'd better post up some pics.....There was a slight issue though, the car was so good I've decided not to use it as a runabout.....so it sits in the garage and has been out once this year...:rofl:.
It's a 2.0 TSI ,DSG ,GSR Limited Edition....

20230121_124635.jpg

20230121_124611.jpg

20230121_124658.jpg

20230121_124730.jpg

Back