Position of new style side bars?

The rear bracket is closer to the end of the bar than the front one. Here’s a pic from the fitting instructions.

06C4437A-4298-4711-8BDB-6912F0CAEB54.jpeg

The bars should be positioned centrally. I’d say you have the left bar on the RHS and right bar on the LHS.

3ECD924F-189C-4951-AFF2-BF8A5381337F.jpeg

Mine are for long wheelbase, don’t know if that made any difference

The dealers fitted mine but they seem closer to the back

ah just got under and had a measure, the distance from bracket to end is diffrent at each end, on my van the front bracket is 8.5" from end point of the bar and the back is 11.5". so im guessing they are on the wrong side. Also looking at the instructions the front one should have the longest distance (11.5") end at the front

forgot to say swapped them around on weekend and yes they now look central and perfect. Whats that saying? when you want something done right, you do it yourself....
My angled bars are the same closer to the back than the front , fitted by the dealer from new , I asked about this and the salesman said they look better that way!! I have since worked out what I think they could have done wrong, surely vw machanics should know better that's why I had them fit them . One day I will put them on the right way myself.

Back