Position of new style side bars?

Blindman

Blindman with a Van Vision
T6 Pro
I've not long had my new side bars fitted which I think aren't anywhere near the quality of my T5 round ones and I've noticed that on a number of vans they are fitted in different positions? My mates are fitted to the rear of the van, mine are centra-ally positioned, and I've seen others fitted to the rear, Are VW or other suppliers fitting them where they think suits? Or are there pre- set holes for brackets? Where are yours fitted? Got some pics I'll post.

You dont really get a choice where they go, the brackets positions are set on the bars by the fixings and can only mount onto the van where the holes are underneath for the mounts to go into so not sure how they could differ, only possibility could be fitting the bar on the opposite side but i suspect the fixings wouldnt line up

Only one way I could see.

Not seen any other Vans with them fitted any differently!

Some more investigation required I think.. I wouldnt be happy with them off center, unless there was a reason behind it..is the other side the same?.

Last edited:
guess sidebars are not worth the money anymore. what do you guys think??

IMG_4394.JPG
I like them and they do suit the T6 but I think quality could have been better. I know she is Dirty!

I like them. It's my first van so don't have anything to compare against... there's no chance of them protecting the van from anything but personally I think they look quite good...

Back