Portaloo — Solved

CJ_T6-red

T6 Pro
One of my priority solutions was to have the loo to be able to slide under the seat.
Was not wanting to go outside and pick up the loo from the back of the van. And was getting fed up will lifting two tons of wee wee over the seat when folded out.

I stopped off on my travels to EvoDesigns and asked what things they could do with the bed board, and we came up with the easiest solution of moving the door catch handles to a side opening.
I had the handles in the supplied/upright position but once the door slams were in position the loo wouldn’t fit in, got caught on the door slams.

So I have to say I am mega impressed, while I waited , they pulled up the design I ordered and changed the cad design on the handle recess. Onto memory stick , the chap disappeared out the back, 10mins later two new doors with the required handle gaps no fuss.

Have now swapped over the doors and they fit like a charm. Put back onto the bed, and hey presto, loo can now be accessed from under the bed.

Standard position

New doors fitted

On the bottom of the bed

PortaLoo action.

That is excellent. I have been lifting mine over so will get on to Evo for the same thing. Cheers for that info.

If it helps, the bed board was D , fitting a 112 rib bed.
I also had to raise the bed board to clear the loo. Under the board, not the doors, I put some small feathery draft excluder, for it to touch the flooring.

Oh and I modded the loo as well (removed the thetford sticker and put it on the front), and now the loo sneaks under the board.
:thumbsup:

The thought of the wife biting the edge of the worktop while she squeezes one off means we have only booked on sites with a shower block so far... failing that it would be sticking my backside out of the side window!

Hahahahaha well at the vw events with only the portaloos to use, u have a choice, hold it till u cannot no more or, use the portaloo and pick up anything and everything, or ur own loo.
Carry some air spray, loud music to play, maybe even shout if ur in the van. But then let the other half go for a walk, or get them to polish them wheels while u toilet.
When u got to go u got to go, :D

Back