Poor Insurance Repair

lenlec

T6 Pro
had my t6 damaged last month. They tried to get into side sliding door on my panel van
Rammed a screwdriver or something through the steel door near the lock. Looked like a billet hope
Anyway went off the the body repair place. Was told 5 to 7 days nearly 5 weeks later still messing me about
The plastic little square cover over where the key hole is in the side sliding door keeps popping off. Garage reckons it not there fault and this part doesn’t secure firm anyway
Andy

2617A7E4-F380-461B-8EA8-B4DBCAB1A9F3.jpeg

5B502CA0-5B23-4AC2-8E6E-2AB61BDDB202.jpeg

They clip on perfectly secure. I've had mine off twice, and put back on when doing paintwork, and they've never subsequently fallen off.

The garage might of either broken the plastic tabs that secure it (1 at the top and 1 at the bottom from memory) or there is something wrong with the handle, maybe a result of it being damaged in the first place.
Sadly if it's the actual cap that's broken, they don't come colour coded, so you will have to get this painted.

On the same subject, it always amazes me what some businesses belch out to try and get away with things. I've been dealing with the same bodyshop for years, and watched how their processes and customer interaction works on a regular basis, and to say "they don't fit securely anyway" is just not good enough. Next time mate, give me a shout if you want the job doing properly, i'm only in Leicester, and my bodyshop deals with insurance work every day.

Welcome to the Forum by the way.

They clip on perfectly secure. I've had mine off twice, and put back on when doing paintwork, and they've never subsequently fallen off.

The garage might of either broken the plastic tabs that secure it (1 at the top and 1 at the bottom from memory) or there is something wrong with the handle, maybe a result of it being damaged in the first place.
Sadly if it's the actual cap that's broken, they don't come colour coded, so you will have to get this painted.

On the same subject, it always amazes me what some businesses belch out to try and get away with things. I've been dealing with the same bodyshop for years, and watched how their processes and customer interaction works on a regular basis, and to say "they don't fit securely anyway" is just not good enough. Next time mate, give me a shout if you want the job doing properly, i'm only in Leicester, and my bodyshop deals with insurance work every day.

Welcome to the Forum by the way.
Thanks mate.

Back