PO48C fault

Proberts

T6 Guru
Driving yesterday to b@q and on the way back, engine management light came on amber. A friend down the road has an obd reader as he works in a garage and 3 fault codes came on. PO48C but can't remember the other other 2 because I've been to bed. ( Could be age related though ) Van is just under year old with 5500 miles on clock. Has anyone else had this fault code ? Phoning VW in a bit to get it booked in though.

Had a similar issue with our brand new van. Not once but twice. First time dealer could find nothing wrong ... I had to wait 7 weeks to get it seen. Second time VW assist found code P048C00 charge air pressure acuater... dealer cannot look at the van until end of September.
Did the dealer find out the cause of the problem you had?

After I phoned VW I had to wait about 4 weeks for them to look at it. During that time, the light went off for a couple of weeks so we both agreed to cancel. Few days after cancelling it came on again but only for few days and went back off. Went for a 200 mile round trip a couple of weeks ago and 40 miles from home it came on again but only on until the next day. It's strange because I first thought dpf but the van has been on 3 longish journeys of 200 + miles so the dpf should be ok after those. I believe they can't sort it out while the light is off so it's not sorted.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds suspiciously like our scenario. It may well be off if I go out and start her up today! I am a bit loathe to drive it any great distance with the amber light on, without knowing the cause. But the plan was for this to be our only vehicle moving forwards.
I will report back if I get it fixed.

Back