Wanted Ply roof panels

If you mean the OEM panels, they are not ply, they are hardboard.

I will have a set from a LWB as soon as I can find a 1 piece ply roof panel.

If you mean the OEM panels, they are not ply, they are hardboard.

I will have a set from a LWB as soon as I can find a 1 piece ply roof panel.
We made ours, just took both of them and laid to plywood, in the center the length from front to back is 2515mm, just make sure the panels are lined up. Used a jigsaw and 11mm wood drill bit for the holes. Where the 2 panels meet in the middle and theres the trim, we removed the trims counterparts from the roof, we're gonna used oem panel clips there. Under the counterparts theres 8mm holes like elsewhere where the panel clips attach.

We made ours, just took both of them and laid to plywood, in the center the length from front to back is 2515mm, just make sure the panels are lined up. Used a jigsaw and 11mm wood drill bit for the holes. Where the 2 panels meet in the middle and theres the trim, we removed the trims counterparts from the roof, we're gonna used oem panel clips there. Under the counterparts theres 8mm holes like elsewhere where the panel clips attach.
Thank you for that. If I can’t find one CNC cut i will look for a piece of ply big enough to make my own. Then the problem will be getting it home as I doubt it will fit in the van.

Thank you for that. If I can’t find one CNC cut i will look for a piece of ply big enough to make my own. Then the problem will be getting it home as I doubt it will fit in the van.
If i remember right the dimensions have to be 2515mm x 1320mm, we had troubles finding ply where the grains where longitudinal to help with the curvature on the roof, so we opted to make it from 3mm polycarbonate. I've seen many times that the 1 piece plys in UK have been lenghtwise grains, so maybe theres more of those.

If i remember right the dimensions have to be 2515mm x 1320mm, we had troubles finding ply where the grains where longitudinal to help with the curvature on the roof, so we opted to make it from 3mm polycarbonate. I've seen many times that the 1 piece plys in UK have been lenghtwise grains, so maybe theres more of those.
3mm polycarbonate, that’s a good idea.

Various plastics. Look for plastics that arent brittle and too stiff. Also the properties matter, here in Finland we can have -30°C, even -35°C during winter, so low temperature limit was a thing i looked for when choosing. I guess for milder weathers you can go "lower tier". HDPE, PP, PVC, ABS. I'm sure local businesses are happy to help you choose the right material, im in no way an expert in this.

Never had a problem making a complete roof panel (LWB) from an 8' x 4' sheet of 3mm ply. Also no problem getting it in a LWB van. Unless you have a lot of fittings in the way that size should go in a SWB at a squeeze also, perhaps it'll have to stand up and go between the front seats just a bit.

Never had a problem making a complete roof panel (LWB) from an 8' x 4' sheet of 3mm ply. Also no problem getting it in a LWB van. Unless you have a lot of fittings in the way that size should go in a SWB at a squeeze also, perhaps it'll have to stand up and go between the front seats just a bit.
How do you make it from a 4' wide ply when the roof panels are wider than 4'?

Hello @Skyliner33 ,i know last time i recommended Chris at Stonewall Leisure to you it didn't work out but i noticed this on his Facebook page,not sure if it's any good to you

IMG_1348.PNG

Hi all,

I’m in need of front & back roof panels grey ply.

As close as possible to Wirral .

TIA
Hi Steve,

Did you manage to find the roof panels you were looking for?
I have the rear and middle roof lining panels from a SWB with joining strip available if still needed?
(I'm in Leeds).

Hiya,

I have a pair of SWB roof panels up for for sale. Macclesfield area (North West). SK11

They are Lined in a nice OEM coloured scrim fabric to match the front cab headliner. Also have 4 Warm White LED downlighter that run from the OEM feed.

Also includes the Joining Strip.

Available now, for collection. £100

IMG_20210830_124425.jpg

Hi Steve,

Did you manage to find the roof panels you were looking for?
I have the rear and middle roof lining panels from a SWB with joining strip available if still needed?
(I'm in Leeds).
Cheers Spud, Leeds a bit far though mate

Hiya,

I have a pair of SWB roof panels up for for sale. Macclesfield area (North West). SK11

They are Lined in a nice OEM coloured scrim fabric to match the front cab headliner. Also have 4 Warm White LED downlighter that run from the OEM feed.

Also includes the Joining Strip.

Available now, for collection. £100

View attachment 134670
Sent you a message Matt

Back