Plaster Board Etc ! House Renovation

Base1388

Romany - Plumber
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, hope this is ok to post here ? was reading the skills on here section ! Gave me a thought as I'm renovating a 3bed house at moment there's some bits I need to go shopping for and was wondering if anyone on here could help out !

Any one in the trade ?

Need to 12.5mm board the whole house as its back to brick and joist at the moment !
20 8x4 sheets square edge could get me going !

Need to replace windows patio door and front door upvc

need a real 1.5 twin and earth etc

Loft ladder one of those that the wooden steps that drop out with the hatch

etc etc etc

Cheers Romany

If you need any timber @ROMANY TAMPIN pm me and I’ll try and help you out.

I’m also based in Notts so fairly local.

Skirtings and architrave no problem.
Do sheets as well but not plasterboard I’m afraid.

If you are knocking out load bearing walls, please get the necessary building regs and sign offs, it will save no end of grief when remortgaging/selling....it ticks me off when people don’t and I’m doing the survey and have to advise my client and potentially mess up their purchase.

If you are knocking out load bearing walls, please get the necessary building regs and sign offs, it will save no end of grief when remortgaging/selling....it ticks me off when people don’t and I’m doing the survey and have to advise my client and potentially mess up their purchase.

Not taking any out
But thanks

Regarding any electrical works, it will need to be done by a qualified sparks who is registered with a competent person scheme. Otherwise you will have problems when you sell.
This can apply to other skills as well.
Even any new windows have to be FENSA registered.

Regarding any electrical works, it will need to be done by a qualified sparks who is registered with a competent person scheme. Otherwise you will have problems when you sell.
This can apply to other skills as well.
Even any new windows have to be FENSA registered.

I understand, thanks
I thought local building inspector could sign windows off long as they up to standards ?

Selling it
but needs total re wire

Please don't be tempted to do it yourself as any purchasers will need the relevent certs with design, construction and tests all done by a competent person.

I occasionally get calls asking me to sign things of ....i always say no.

Back