Planning to upgrade Suspension on 2020 T6.1

Midge51

Hoping to get some advice. I have recently had my T6.1 converted. Part of that conversion included the fitting of 20" alloys on General Grabber GT3 275/40/20.

I'm looking for improved handling and less roll. What suspension can be fitted?

Hoping to get some advice. I have recently had my T6.1 converted. Part of that conversion included the fitting of 20" alloys on General Grabber GT3 275/40/20.

I'm looking for improved handling and less roll. What suspension can be fitted?
Where in the UK are you based ?

Pete

B14 komforts way to go I think defo I've got normal b14 on my t6.1 kombi butt my mate got komforts and alot beta ..hope this helps

My recommendation, as I’m probably too far away to assist personally, Is to try out any suspension you are recommended before you buy - we run demo vehicles for this purpose. And get it properly aligned afterwards - this is crucial to get the best out of your setup.

HTH

Reactions: .50
It is very difficult to make the right decision with so many different recommendations from Suppliers , it is often backed up or slagged off by happy or not so happy buyers . My suggestion is talk to suppliers and ask tech questions until
you are happy and confident that the supplier knows what they are doing , road tests can mislead as different kits in different weight vans Don’t feel the same , a fully loaded van will always feel more comfortable than an empty one , also different heights will affect the ride , the trick is to be confident that the kit you buy is capable of carrying the weight of your van without stressing the springs , and try to get a swap out warranty if there is doubt .
The kit in the picture below was road tested before purchase, aligned correctly and recommended by dozens of people. . Both front shocks no oil. , both rear shocks lower bushes failed. And one rear spring snapped. , yes all this on ONE 3 years old low mileage Van. This isn’t what we at CRS would like our clients to accept and look forward to. Interestingly the day before we removed this kit. We removed an H and R coil over kit which we fitted 5 years ago , we removed it , cleaned it all up and adjusted the height before refitting. Ride was as good as the day it was fitted and nothing was broken 50 k miles done in 5 years ,
we must accept things can go wrong , but choosing the wrong kit can be costly down the line , so be sure the supplier gives reassurances and warranties that you are comfortable with.

E8B3E646-B7B5-4F3F-8DBF-50937ECFF83C.jpeg

It is very difficult to make the right decision with so many different recommendations from Suppliers , it is often backed up or slagged off by happy or not so happy buyers . My suggestion is talk to suppliers and ask tech questions until
you are happy and confident that the supplier knows what they are doing , road tests can mislead as different kits in different weight vans Don’t feel the same , a fully loaded van will always feel more comfortable than an empty one , also different heights will affect the ride , the trick is to be confident that the kit you buy is capable of carrying the weight of your van without stressing the springs , and try to get a swap out warranty if there is doubt .
The kit in the picture below was road tested before purchase, aligned correctly and recommended by dozens of people. . Both front shocks no oil. , both rear shocks lower bushes failed. And one rear spring snapped. , yes all this on ONE 3 years old low mileage Van. This isn’t what we at CRS would like our clients to accept and look forward to. Interestingly the day before we removed this kit. We removed an H and R coil over kit which we fitted 5 years ago , we removed it , cleaned it all up and adjusted the height before refitting. Ride was as good as the day it was fitted and nothing was broken 50 k miles done in 5 years ,
we must accept things can go wrong , but choosing the wrong kit can be costly down the line , so be sure the supplier gives reassurances and warranties that you are comfortable with.

View attachment 156058
Cheers for the insight. From the initial investigations and conversations there seems to be some concern about what kits could be fitted with the existing 20" alloys on General Grabber GT3 275/40/20. Does this existing set up reduce my options or would something like a Bilstein B14 Komfort Coilover Kit be suitable?

My recommendation, as I’m probably too far away to assist personally, Is to try out any suspension you are recommended before you buy - we run demo vehicles for this purpose. And get it properly aligned afterwards - this is crucial to get the best out of your setup.

HTH
Cheers

Cheers for the insight. From the initial investigations and conversations there seems to be some concern about what kits could be fitted with the existing 20" alloys on General Grabber GT3 275/40/20. Does this existing set up reduce my options or would something like a Bilstein B14 Komfort Coilover Kit be suitable?
The Tyre and wheel size makes no difference to a good suspension set up , unless the incorrect tyre is fitted and starts to touch or rub because the Tyre is too big . 275 40 20 is too big for the front so we need more info on the wheel. Ie offset and width to assess this better for you , worse case scenario you might not be able to go as low as you want to . Don’t let this put you off fitting a proper suspension kit but would recommend going for a slimmer Tyre when it comes time to replace them .
we certainly don’t rate the komforts. In time we think it will prove to be just as unreliable as the kit in the picture which is it’s predecessor. , these kits aren’t Bilstein catalogue parts and this should raise alarm bells when researching ,
the two best coil over kits are the H and R and V3 KW kit. These kits are in a class of their own compared to everything else on the market

View attachment 156058
Time to make a display rack......... me thinks !

Back