Planar pu27 control setup

Ishawy

T6 Pro
Hi Peeps
I’m hoping for some help regards setting up my night heater in my T6.
it is fitted under the van and connected to the fuel tank. The problem I have is the thermostat. I can’t get it set up properly. I’ve got one in my wagon, I set the temp on a dial turn it on and it starts up and switches off when it reaches the said temperature. For the life of me I can’t get this planar to do this for me on t-control panel t-heater t-fan arrgggghhhh
Can somebody help what is the best set up to use

Planar night heater in my T6 different from my truck. Got to hold start button for couple of seconds if blows cold air I switch off and start again display very small to read on control but always get there.

All planars do that if you long hold the square button it turns just the fan for air, which is great on a hot sunny day so you can circulate the cold air from the a/c to keep Grand kids cool in the back. What I need is a set up. That shuts down when thermostat on controller or heater is reached. It does not seem to be doing that. When it’s set from the heater temp it’s still running way after reaching the set temp and the same with the control temp setup too

Modern heaters don't work on a thermostat - they reduce the heat output. This avoids continual stopping and starting of the heater and consequent higher battery drain as the most current is drawn at startup. I can't see that the Planar is any different to the Webastos that I work on.
Also the temperature is usually measured at the air intake not at the controller height so you are most probably not reaching the set temperature at floor level, you usually need an external temp sensor to measure at controller height unless your controller already contains one ( I don't know the Planar set up at all)

Have you measured the temp at the heating air intake?

Yes there is a temp control at the heater inlet.
Yes there’s a temp gauge in the controller there is a connector for an external temp gauge, which I’m looking at purchasing and I can set that up to. I will set it up at heater Inlet temp and see how I get on. Many thanks :waving:

Back