Planar D2 heater problem

billy40

Hi, I have a "no connection" message on the control unit, heater was working up until now. Batteries fully charged and fueel ok, checked the wiring loom and couldn't see anything obvious. Any ideas please

I had a similar problem. There are 2 fuses that supply power to the heater . One in the positive cable and one in the negative cable .
They are housed in a small plastic box.
One of mine was loose. Refixed in position and then heater worked OK.

I had that issue a couple of times when my leisure battery was failing. Although I believed it was fully charged its capacity way down and as soon as I turned the heater on the LB couldn’t take the load of 10a.
But I’ve also had times when I’ve needed to remove the fuses. A bit temperamental on occasions tbh.

Thank you, I'll check them and let you know if it solves my issue.
Yes same as the above the one fuse worked lose some how think the guys that re done my seat must have knocked them or removed them thinking it was needed or linked to my heated seat
Mine are under my drivers seat pumped the seat fully up a little squeeze to remove the cover then two number fuse
Replaced them both as noticed a bent pin on one
All sorted best of luck

I had that issue a couple of times when my leisure battery was failing. Although I believed it was fully charged its capacity way down and as soon as I turned the heater on the LB couldn’t take the load of 10a.
But I’ve also had times when I’ve needed to remove the fuses. A bit temperamental on occasions tbh.

At a loss with it now, I have two leisure batteries fully charged, checked and replaced all fuse blocks and still have the problem, if I disconnect the live and then re connect it will work for a few minutes then the same prolem

Also the Facebook group is a good place to ask.

I had a no connection issue at start of year but it sounds like a different issue to yours, they asked me to check the continuity over the connector block of the controller, in the end the said send the controller back for a firmware update, but I sorted it a different way (reconnected the modem which I'd sent away for an update)

Back