Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Diesel

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So this isn't really about T6's but I thought it would be worth asking. Most of us on here are likely to have a 2nd car in the household and this will apply to lots of people.

So if you were changing your 2nd car today, would you buy diesel or petrol?

Thanks

Depends on usage. My wife’s car is petrol for short trips. Mine is diesel (Euro6 Skoda) for longer trips.

Pete.

Personally, and if funds allow, I'd go for a petrol hybrid.

Look to the future and any possible legislation that will hit you in the pocket. Diesel cars are likely to be hit hardest with emission taxes etc, so if you do opt for diesel, make sure its got very low CO2 output.

All electric is the future but price and range anxiety is hampering sales. Legislation will inevitably force us all into electric cars soon enough but I think we've got a while before that happens - 8 - 10 years maybe. In the meantime, a decent petrol hybrid will guarantee low emissions and strong resale values, so might be worth considering.

We have a petrol 1.5 turbo Mini Countryman all4 and it’s as good on fuel as are old 4x4 diesel. It can tow are caravan warms up fast and never needs a DPF Regen . It can pull from lower down in the Rev range than my t6 140 so has to be the way to go . If you are looking for a new car give the BMW 3 cylinder a go.

I’ve just bought a petrol hybrid, but if I was able to get the same model in a plug-in diesel hybrid I would definitely have gone for that.

Depends on usage. My wife’s car is petrol for short trips. Mine is diesel (Euro6 Skoda) for longer trips.

Pete.

Having said this, the only reason we currently have a Skoda diesel is because it was very cheap (2 yr lease). Previously I had a Seat Leon 1.4 petrol - the VW/Audi ACT engine. The fuel economy in that was astonishing, and it also went well.

Pete

Petrol - I get a few different hire cars with work and the one I was really impressed with recently was a 1.2 Octavia. It just sipped the petrol and was doing approx 60mpg on a long run.

Back