Perusing pitches

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
You wouldn't guess that I'm new to all this really. :whistle:

Hi guys, I'm after your help yet again..

What web sites and apps are your favourites for finding places to stay in your T6.

:)

I've only used Pitchup so far, but I'll add that one to my list too, thanks
We use Pitchup as well but still use UK Campsite to check the reviews before booking, that said Pitchup seems to be getting bigger all of the time with more reviews getting posted nowadays.

UK campsite or just a google search in the UK, the ACSI book and app as a starter abroad but often just turn up, have a quick nose around and decide whether to stay 0r not. Our Satnav is pretty good for finding campsites so often use that too.

UK campsite or just a google search in the UK, the ACSI book and app as a starter abroad but often just turn up, have a quick nose around and decide whether to stay 0r not. Our Satnav is pretty good for finding campsites so often use that too.
Agree about the turning up and checking... we once found a great looking campsite in norther France, made a reservation by email for the 4 vehicles in our group. When we turned up there were mainly static vans, motorbikes and old cars etc. and the owner said "we have mowed a field for you and opened up the toilet block for you....." a quick drive about and we collectively decided to 'RUN FOR THE HILLLS!"

Agree about the turning up and checking... we once found a great looking campsite in norther France, made a reservation by email for the 4 vehicles in our group. When we turned up there were mainly static vans, motorbikes and old cars etc. and the owner said "we have mowed a field for you and opened up the toilet block for you....." a quick drive about and we collectively decided to 'RUN FOR THE HILLLS!"
Did that with a Hotel in Germany one time. Guy I was with walked in looked at the rooms said it looked like a prison and we walked out and found a different hotel. Had to tell work where we were the next day as they had booked it for us.

Roadrunner; I was a rep for Rip Curl a while back and a few of our low budget hotels were vile! We had to set up and show the kit to customers; one had overflowing bins and was three flights of stairs up. After one load I blew my top and demanded to be relocated!

Loz; done similar. For us it's often that horrible Disney look that makes us run.

Did that with a Hotel in Germany one time. Guy I was with walked in looked at the rooms said it looked like a prison and we walked out and found a different hotel. Had to tell work where we were the next day as they had booked it for us.
Haha you have reminded me of an occasion when we were working in Europe in the early 90's we had driven across Austria and just got into Germany and my boss said we needed to find a hotel as it was quite late and as we crossed a set of traffic lights he pointed to the large hotel in front and said "There" pull up at the junction and I'll run in and see if they have any rooms.
So he jumped out and we pull forward to clear the junction and as I looked in the wing mirror I noticed the side of the hotel had a red lantern in every window of its 4 floors..... OMG I said to my mate it's a Brothel! shall we call him back?, NO my mate replied and we sat that awaiting his return, well he soon came back a bit red faced and said "yes, they have lots of rooms but we're NOT staying there" :)

Haha you have reminded me of an occasion when we were working in Europe in the early 90's we had driven across Austria and just got into Germany and my boss said we needed to find a hotel as it was quite late and as we crossed a set of traffic lights he pointed to the large hotel in front and said "There" pull up at the junction and I'll run in and see if they have any rooms.
So he jumped out and we pull forward to clear the junction and as I looked in the wing mirror I noticed the side of the hotel had a red lantern in every window of its 4 floors..... OMG I said to my mate it's a Brothel! shall we call him back?, NO my mate replied and we sat that awaiting his return, well he soon came back a bit red faced and said "yes, they have lots of rooms but we're NOT staying there" :)

:rofl::rofl::laugh::laugh:

I ended up in one of those in Zurich one night, thought the place looked busy but got a room went down the bar noticed how friendly some people were with each other then a hooker came and sat down by me :confused: I finished my beer and scarpered to my room and was out asap in the morning.

That was run of the mill when we worked in Moscow, they all dressed in similar black cat suits and had similar partially bleached long hair and there was a constant rotation of them in and out of the hotel lifts.

I also use the app "Parkings" when I'm in Europe. It's Dutch but it's mostly in English too and I've found it really useful, though it did seem to be a bit out of date in eastern countries like Hungary, Slovakia and Romania where I sometimes had to go to the second or third choice. In western Europe and Scandinavia it was great

Anyone been to Clipper Cove in Penzance? Boss has an apartment there and thinking of using it as a base camp and then head out for random nights at nearby locations over 4 or 5 days.

Any recommendations for places around that area would be very welcome and appreciated.

Back