Dog friendly campsites in North/Mid Wales.

JDC

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, I'm looking for a dog friendly site in North to mid Wales for a few days next week. Ideally really close to a pub or shops for the wife who's not a great walker. I did look on the search and couldn't find what i was looking for. Ideas please.

Owens campsite is a 12 pitch site with lovely showers and laundry blocks opposite pub, shop, chippy and a great new eat in or takeaway.

Henlys is a much larger farm site across the road from Owens and not as quiet and just below the above pub and eateries.

John.

Reactions: JDC
Yeah Henlys was on our list as we camped there a few years ago. I'll check out Owens now. Cheers.

Hi all, I'm looking for a dog friendly site in North to mid Wales for a few days next week. Ideally really close to a pub or shops for the wife who's not a great walker. I did look on the search and couldn't find what i was looking for. Ideas please.
Where about you looking in wales we down west wales now quite site for motorbikes no kids thou .not far from Carmarthen dogs aloud as we got 4. Or gower as well .

That's a possibility as it nice down there and no kids sounds good, haha. What's the site called? Suppose it'll depend on the weather.

Owens campsite is a 12 pitch site with lovely showers and laundry blocks opposite pub, shop, chippy and a great new eat in or takeaway.

Henlys is a much larger farm site across the road from Owens and not as quiet and just below the above pub and eateries.

John.
Jesus site fees are getting ridiculous. £44 a night with awning. At least it should keep the undesirables away.

Jesus site fees are getting ridiculous. £44 a night with awning. At least it should keep the undesirables away.
Take it that's dear then?? I paid £50 last month at a Haven site in the lakes but had full use of all the facilities!!!

John.
Can't find Owens on Google maps. Where is it in relation to Henlys?

Thanks for the suggestions, we looked at them and then decided to go to TyMawr Parkdean, just next to Henlly's. Looked bigger and the cost was similar/same for a big pitch. The staff were great and even had an enclosed space for dogs on site. Toilets were clean and tidy but the ground was very lumpy especially where we were.

Back