Pendle now offering Euro6 remap

Yes, but that was the opposite they were cheating to achieve better results.....not sure may people are remapping to get less power, mpg and reliability.

My point was simply that the vehicle you buy is hardly ever what the engineering team intended.

I have a T6 150 remapped by Pendle. It is no more economical but it is vastly better to drive.

My point was simply that the vehicle you buy is hardly ever what the engineering team intended.

I have a T6 150 remapped by Pendle. It is no more economical but it is vastly better to drive.
What are the figures @YellowHound? My T5 was a remapped 102....it had more mid range than my T6 150 so I would imagine a remapped 150 would have a strong mid range.....it's something that's knawing at me! Two things stopping me:
1) will the gear box/driveline safely take it.....I intend hanging on to mine until the eco mentalists want to kill me for driving a diesel!?
2) vw dealership laughing at me when I try to make a warranty claim for anything REMOTELY connected to the driveline!
And that's a buggar because I just know it would be a huge improvement in driveability! :unsure:

I've just had a Pendle re-map for my 150 dsg. Really not big into figures, but am now told it sits at 195bhp. Got bored when torque was mentioned. I chose to have it done because i had it done on my T5 and T5.1 and never had an issue. Pendle and Revo are not p**s pot companies, and they invest massive amounts of money into research and testing. I trust their take on engine capabilities. There are companies offering massive increases in power , but i'm pretty sure Pendle or Revo confidently increase to safe parameters.
There is a reason why VW restrict engines but imo, it's more financial, and attracts a broader spectrum of customers, when there is a greater choice of engine capacity.
I'm willing to risk problems i may incur with warranty, because i do believe the transporter is a reliable and decent van, and i'll cross that bridge if ever i need to. I have faith in the vw make, but none at all with the dealerships, especially in my neck of the woods. I still don't buy into the fact a re-map is going to suddenly give you better economy, and my decision was not based on that. The available power and torque going through from 1-7 on the dsg is a now a massive improvement from what was already decent in the beginning.

What's the downsude to a remap? I find it hard to believe that a global vehicle manufacturer would not 'tune' there engines for peak performance, reliability and mpg (emmsions would stay the same I presume or it's an MOT failure).

Just interested?

For a variety of reasons, but there are plenty of customers who don't require a van with more than 102bhp. I've got 11 or 12 Transporters on lease, they are all the 102 model, my guys don't need anything quicker.

I just had my 2017 T6 102ps BMT Euro 6 van remapped by Pendle, and im so impressed and highly recommend it. The engine seems smoother, quieter, and WAY more powerful. The throttle response is now instant, theres no need to downshift for going up hills, the extra torque is really noticeable in 4th and 5th. And it seems to be using less fuel!

Honestly its far surpassed all expectations.
so what bhp have you after the remap and what did it cost if you dont mind

Just had my t6 150 remapped to 195, done locally by a pendle agent. Not fully tested yet but off camping on Sunday. Does any one have any stats or figures on these remaps so I know what to look for? I.e top speed?
I’ll post my opinion on here next week but would be interested to know others.

God knows I'd love to see a back to back comparison/shoot out between Pendle and Revo re maps! I'd love to get this done to my 150 but I'll do what I always do and disappear up my own a*se looking at pro's and con's of each! Aaargh!

God knows I'd love to see a back to back comparison/shoot out between Pendle and Revo re maps! I'd love to get this done to my 150 but I'll do what I always do and disappear up my own a*se looking at pro's and con's of each! Aaargh!
I deliberated for a while, was going to get a tuning box at 1 point!
Celtic wanted £360.00 but I found a local guy, cost was £245.00. I thought over time I’d possibly get back on fuel saved.
Not much info out there for the 150 six speeds though, if I don’t get on with it he’ll remove it.

Does a Pendle or revo remap on the 150 cut down the amount of regens theses euro6 engines do?

Does a Pendle or revo remap on the 150 cut down the amount of regens theses euro6 engines do?
I think it might, I've not taken mine out on a long drive yet but just pottering about yesterday I didn’t notice any after stops when normally there would be 1.... full review after camping week

Ok.. 360 miles over and through Cornwall t32 loaded with camping gear, 2 adults and 2 children. 37mpg’s with speeds upto 90 which I personally think is an improvement however not by much. Feels perky and alert, smooth through the gears. Did notice losing a few cars up hills where I could easily hit 90. Only criticism did notice only what can be described as strain when flooring it in 6th at 60 up hill, probably needed to drop into 5th at times. Regens as normal after looking out for it.

Mine's a 150 but I'm wondering about getting it detuned.....North Yorkshire is wall to wall police speed camera vans and I think I might be getting an invitation to a speed awareness course for a minor infringement! :thumbsdown:

Mine's a 150 but I'm wondering about getting it detuned.....North Yorkshire is wall to wall police speed camera vans and I think I might be getting an invitation to a speed awareness course for a minor infringement! :thumbsdown:
A few years ago I got an invitation off N Yorks Police to visit Northallerton :(

Don't press the peddle hard but the I know how feel on it . I was nearly caught on a couple of occasions speeding when I had mine, I was lucky to clock the camera in time

I just had my 2017 T6 102ps BMT Euro 6 van remapped by Pendle, and im so impressed and highly recommend it. The engine seems smoother, quieter, and WAY more powerful. The throttle response is now instant, theres no need to downshift for going up hills, the extra torque is really noticeable in 4th and 5th. And it seems to be using less fuel!

Honestly its far surpassed all expectations.

Hey man, how's the van going with the remap since you had it done? I've got the same van and very keen to get it remapped.

Pendle has got to be the way to go for 102, I’m just a little concerned of the warranty on my MY19 so in no rush. I did mention this before and the response was lots of company’s do it (Leighton vans, Bognor motors etc) almost by default but still a concern knowing my luck!

Back