Sold Pauls 19 banded steels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayjmac

Cherry Bomb
T6 Legend
I’ve always liked the look of these on other vans that I’ve seen. I really like them on mine but they aren’t the direction or look I was going for! ideally I’d want to change the colour I think but with these particular set it would be criminal to change them as they are a one off

I’m looking to run the van very low and as they are a staggered 9 and 10 they just don’t work for me unless I stretch a couple elastic bands around them:laugh: I’ve got another set on order from Jaime at dutchy which are a tad smaller and a different colour. I just couldn’t help myself and wanted to try the look!! They have been transported from a car park in London to Brighton put on the van driven to the seafront few pictures taken then the van has sat on the drive sothe condition is exactly the same as originally advertised.

I have already offered them back as a first refusal but I’ve had the nod to go ahead and sell to someone else if anyone wants them.

I’ll link the original post you can see all the details and what will be included. Same price same deal. They are now on the south coast Brighton area.

036E05F1-04F4-4770-99BB-46F7A11634A9.jpeg

27AEE26E-EFAF-41E4-8729-27E8F97A5455.jpeg

68AD9BB0-AC94-4024-B109-685D40BA8B19.jpeg

05236332-3EEB-46D8-96AF-279EB0E5BB94.jpeg

Perhaps... @Jayjmac and @Tourershine and few others could set up a “Try before you Buy” wheel and tyre loan service.......
Thats not a bad idea you could all save an absolute fortune ....Use the power of the forum to get discounts @Pauly could arrange the loan charges ( keeping the profits for running costs)

Now isn’t that a good Idea......:whistle::whistle::whistle:

You should see my garage!! 3 sets of alloys with tyres on.. one set on the van and prob about 8 loose tyres.. o_O

I reckon I could give Tamar a run for their money.

You should see my garage!! 3 sets of alloys with tyres on.. one set on the van and prob about 8 loose tyres.. o_O

I reckon I could give Tamar a run for their money.
Just ask the ”Trouble and Strife” .....umm darling ( as you do ! ) there nice wheels.....Nearly ripped me head off....only said what do ya think ...blimey...( never ask how much er hair costs). :rolleyes:

Perhaps... @Jayjmac and @Tourershine and few others could set up a “Try before you Buy” wheel and tyre loan service.......
Thats not a bad idea you could all save an absolute fortune ....Use the power of the forum to get discounts @Pauly could arrange the loan charges ( keeping the profits for running costs)

Now isn’t that a good Idea......:whistle::whistle::whistle:
You mean a try before you buy like below.....
Like these? I’ve thought about something like this before too. If no-one else is running them then why not be the first?

20" x 9" Tuff Torque Modular Steel Black ET45 - 4x4 Tyres
Exactly these.....
Go on chris purchase them.
We should start a wheel "try before you buy" scheme

What suspension have you got on there mate?

@Jayjmac is running Solow and I was running B14s

@Jayjmac did you try the none Chrome caps on the wheels on yours? Only, when I fitted the Chrome ones, they didn't really work against the wheel, and I almost regretted going 2 tone until I put the none Chrome caps on, then it worked much better.

To make things easier to visualise the simple fact is this. Going slammed on Air or Solows, or anything that's lower than a maxed out B14 won't work with the tyres on my old steels. The profile is too big and it will just catch all over the place. These wheels will suit a B14 low or even a lowered spring lowness, because the tyres are chunky enough to fill the arches, whilst still looking low profile enough to not look like balloons. The reason for the 45 profiles were simply comfort and load rating, although the current tyres are 102s. These wheels will give an instant transformation to anything that sits moderately low, but anyone that wants these for very low will need to change the tyres for a stretched and under load rated tyre. The current Falken FK510s are still mint and worth several hundred quid as used tyres.
Bare in mind that if you are looking at buying banded 19s, they will cost more than the asking price for a set without tyres at all, and potentially a 4-6 week wait, plus finding someone that's willing to build these wheels now. They are a stunning steel wheel and the king of the steels in price terms. They are a 2 minute job to clean, look awesome and attract a lot of attention.
I did ask for first refusal on these if they came back up for sale, or @Jayjmac new banded 19s, and it's only because I only sold them several days ago, that I decided it wasn't a good idea buying them back so quickly.

To make things easier to visualise the simple fact is this. Going slammed on Air or Solows, or anything that's lower than a maxed out B14 won't work with the tyres on my old steels. The profile is too big and it will just catch all over the place. These wheels will suit a B14 low or even a lowered spring lowness, because the tyres are chunky enough to fill the arches, whilst still looking low profile enough to not look like balloons. The reason for the 45 profiles were simply comfort and load rating, although the current tyres are 102s. These wheels will give an instant transformation to anything that sits moderately low, but anyone that wants these for very low will need to change the tyres for a stretched and under load rated tyre. The current Falken FK510s are still mint and worth several hundred quid as used tyres.
Bare in mind that if you are looking at buying banded 19s, they will cost more than the asking price for a set without tyres at all, and potentially a 4-6 week wait, plus finding someone that's willing to build these wheels now. They are a stunning steel wheel and the king of the steels in price terms. They are a 2 minute job to clean, look awesome and attract a lot of attention.
I did ask for first refusal on these if they came back up for sale, or @Jayjmac new banded 19s, and it's only because I only sold them several days ago, that I decided it wasn't a good idea buying them back so quickly.
I didn’t try the black caps actually... I’ve taken the wheels off for the min.. I thought if they were for sale I didn’t want to run them! Save the tyres and they feel like kerb magnets!! since putting the 18s back on I didnt realise how heavy those banded steels actually are! You can feel the weight when driving!

so 18s are back on.. and the suspension is fully wound down. The back sits a a tad higher than the front! Which is getting to my OCD a little! I’ve got the adjuster delete for the back which I can do.. just need the hub mod done on the front!

What is the actual kerb weight of a kombi T32? I can’t seem to find a answer.. 2200kg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back