Part number for fuel tank?

nosiesta

Hi. Can anyone please help me figure out the correct part number for a diesel fuel tank on my T6. It's been eaten by mice 1f42d.png !! According to VW, the code is 7E02010605. I can find quite a few options on eBay, but nothing with exactly the same code. I'm wondering if it's a case of 7E02010605 is the same part as xxx or yyy etc. FYI it's 67 plate.

That number doesnt right to me, assuming its diesel then all part numbers begin

7E0201060
'S' on the end is 70 litre tank
'P' on the end is 80 litre tank
there is also a version with 'F' on the end that in the notes says MEX so no idea what thats for ?

1687967100780.png

For sake of completeness petrol tank part number is 7E0201060AB :)

That '5' could well be an 'S'. So the number is 7E0201060S.

But then you get stuff like 7E0201021AD that is on eBay right now as allegedly from a diesel T6.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what fuel tank this is then? 7E0201021AD - it's allegedly off the same van as mine, but it's not the same part number? Many thanks for your help.

My tank (2016) has a paper/plastic sticker with the part number still visible after nearly 60K miles, did the mice eat the sticker on yours?

My van has the rear heater unit and the extra diesel warm up heater under the floor by the fuel tank. It must tap into the tank for its fuel supply. I wonder if this has a different tank or whether there is just a blanked connector on the tank that is opened up on the production line?

My tank (2016) has a paper/plastic sticker with the part number still visible after nearly 60K miles, did the mice eat the sticker on yours?
No. What I am trying to establish is whether there are 'alternative' part numbers, as there are tanks on eBay etc that allegedly are off the same van (year, model etc) but have a different number. So when trying to find a second hand tank, I'm seeing lots of options that are supposedly off the same van, but have a different number, but none with the same part number as mine. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Back