Parking Sensor Implausible signal

Big.mac

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’m having a problem with my Park Assist and hoping someone may be able to give me a pointer to where the problem may be.

I first had this issue a couple of weeks ago. It was that Friday that was the hottest on record so at the time I assumed something had gotten too hot as it went away by itself the following day and all has been well ever since, until yesterday.

The symptoms are as follows:
Start engine, select reverse gear (or press parking button). A loud beep emits as if parked right up against something, then sometimes (but not every time) a message shows on the head unit saying ‘Park Assist not available’. Rear camera and parking sensors all disabled.

I had VCDS check the fault code and it is ‘front centre left sensor implausible signal’. If you reset the code, it works for a few seconds and then shuts down again with the same error. Is it likely to be just a duff sensor or could it be something more serious?

It is intermittent, yesterday once it happened it was like it all day. First thing this morning everything worked fine. Then mid morning it failed and hasn’t worked since. Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

Has anyone else had this problem that can point me in the right direction please?

Could you please do full Auto-Scan and post (at least) section 10. The actual fault code + google is quite often very useful. Along the fault code there usually is a "snapshot" of several parameters at the moment of failure - which sometimes gives more clues.

You probably have cleaned the sensor and checked for stone chips etc.

You could park the van against a wall and see what (if any) readings the sensor gives. E.g.
1598125374995.png

I've had this on an old Audi A3 sport back.
It was a faulty PDC sensor. Same fault codes on vcds.

Put it in reverse with the ignition on and go and listen to the sensor. If working you should hear a very quiet click. If not it's faulty.
Replace and job done hopefully.

I've had this on an old Audi A3 sport back.
It was a faulty PDC sensor. Same fault codes on vcds.

Put it in reverse with the ignition on and go and listen to the sensor. If working you should hear a very quiet click. If not it's faulty.
Replace and job done hopefully.
Does it click repeatable or just the once

Checked mine and used the video camera on the phone to hear the clicking easily and middle offside had a very iregular clicking as opposed to the other three. This is good as I am sure it will be working tomorrow as it is an intermittent fault and has been fine for months but started up again two days ago

Back