Papa Smith custom.

109LWB

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’ll update this as and when, but want to put up my experience so far, attempting to buy some wheels and tyres from Papa Smith customs.

So the order was placed on the 6th September and received conformation the same day.

Its now the 28th of September, and I’ve heard absolutely nothing…

I realise there has been a unplanned bank holiday, and I know there are issues with stock of tyres, but to not even bother sending an email explaining isn’t great.
I emailed them on the 24th of September, and have had no reply.
I messaged them on Facebook messenger on the 26th and have had no reply.
If I get time I shall ring them tomorrow, but I shouldn’t have to be chasing them trying to find out when I might actually receive my order..

So far it’s a “big avoid like the Plague from me”. There is absolutely no reason for a company not to reply to an email within 24 hours in this day and age, especially when their website specifies they prefer email.

Just to update.

Since the last message on the 29th promising to give an eta, I’ve heard nothing again.

I emailed vanstyle as they have the same wheels listed, and asked what their dispatch estimate was. They replied within 20 minutes and explained the importer of that particular wheel is having issues and the wheels aren’t expected until the end of November.

So it looks like I won’t be getting them anytime soon.

I've considered trying to cancel the order and re ordering with vanstyle, but having looked on Facebook, it seems Papa Smith deem it acceptable to only partially refund people and then pay it back in instalments over time, or not at all... there are numerous reports of this. The other option is get the credit card company involved, but I’m not going to get the wheels anytime soon either way, so it might be easier just to leave it. On the other hand, the terrible customer service and zero communication makes me want to have nothing to do with this company.

I wish I had checked Facebook before ordering. Their other reviews elsewhere seem good.

Moral of the story… Do not use papa smith custom if you want any hint of customer service or communication.

I’ll update this as and when, but want to put up my experience so far, attempting to buy some wheels and tyres from Papa Smith customs.

So the order was placed on the 6th September and received conformation the same day.

Its now the 28th of September, and I’ve heard absolutely nothing…

I realise there has been a unplanned bank holiday, and I know there are issues with stock of tyres, but to not even bother sending an email explaining isn’t great.
I emailed them on the 24th of September, and have had no reply.
I messaged them on Facebook messenger on the 26th and have had no reply.
If I get time I shall ring them tomorrow, but I shouldn’t have to be chasing them trying to find out when I might actually receive my order..

So far it’s a “big avoid like the Plague from me”. There is absolutely no reason for a company not to reply to an email within 24 hours in this day and age, especially when their website specifies they prefer email.
Hi I’m currently in the same position wish I done my research before purchasing anyhow. Purchased on the 14th of February and waited a while asked for a update and said they would get back to me with an ETA. Did you get your wheels in the end? I did purchase with a credit card

Hi I’m currently in the same position wish I done my research before purchasing anyhow. Purchased on the 14th of February and waited a while asked for an update and said they would get back to me with an ETA. Did you get your wheels in the end? I did purchase with a credit card
No, we kept getting fobbed off. It got to January and I said enough is enough. I sent a last email demanding a refund, which was ignored. So contacted the CC company who performed a chargeback. Got the money back within a couple of weeks. Re ordered from extreme alloy wheels on eBay and they arrived within a week.

Ordered in September and was fobbed off with lies and excuses until January. Company is run by a scammer.

No, we kept getting fobbed off. It got to January and I said enough is enough. I sent a last email demanding a refund, which was ignored. So contacted the CC company who performed a chargeback. Got the money back within a couple of weeks. Re ordered from extreme alloy wheels on eBay and they arrived within a week.

Ordered in September and was fobbed off with lies and excuses until January. Company is run by a scammer.
Thanks for the reply, so I guess my next actions are request a refund and if not fulfilled call the bank who I’ve my cc with and hopefully get my money back.

Not sure I’d be dealing with any company reporting a loss in excess of 600K
I hope you all get a refund but the accounts are well overdue,

Always worth spending two minutes checking who you are dealing with IMO.

I hope you all get a refund but the accounts are well overdue,

Always worth spending two minutes checking who you are dealing with IMO.
Hopefully with it being a credit card I should be able to get my money back

Back