Panel resprayed. Help

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,

So not sure if you have seen my recent posts, but I have recently taken delivery of a t6.

I have purchased from VW in Scotland (300 miles away) , and as part of their prep , they said they had both side resprayed because of scratches.

It came yesterday, but the finish on the paint has kept me awake most of the night.

It's really hard to get on camera.

I am in a dilemma, I can't find another for the price, £21000 (no vat), 31,000 miles. I've put my finger on it to try get focus.PXL_20230805_145027256.jpg

PXL_20230805_144934190.jpg

If its just dirt inclusions take it to a local detailer who is willing to take it on and give the sales place the bill if the van is everything you wanted.

Agree. Needs a good flat and polish by a paint shop- which hasn’t been done properly by the looks of things.

Long as your paint colour match is good a decent detailer will be able to correct as long as there’s enough paint on it.

Thank you Paul, I will phone a few detailers and bodyshops tomorrow. Probably is, I am not sure if VW will help with the costs. I have about 10 days left to reject the van.

I am more peed at myself, I had two videos of the van, she never mentioned any of the bodywork issues

Maybe the state of the paint work is reflected in the price but if you can’t live with those marks and can’t get a detailer to improve them then reject it, personally if it ticks all the other boxes I’d get a quote from a good body shop and take it from there

Like the previous comment if you have a van that is tidy on the inside and miles age and price is good maybe accept it as vw will want you to keep but argue the point and ask for a good will.. paint can be fixed mileage age and price can’t be if you want a mint one then you may have to spend 5k more but I’d maybe keep. Easy fix

Back