Paint flaking off and rusting

Hi Craig

mystery not the word.

vw warranty/service guy as agreed its a manufacture fault after inspection. just waiting on their answer to repair it. and believe me he inspected everything possible..
I wonder if any more could be like this ,mine just over 8 weeks old
They did seem very through in the Factory .

I wonder if any more could be like this ,mine just over 8 weeks old
They did seem very through in the Factory .
Mine's 4 months old.....if I thought they were giving me the run around, I'd be parked outside the dealership with some signs up!

@karl brierley , good to hear they sent a tech out, and he was thorough :thumbsup:, take your cousins advice on it as he is a man in the know and on the scene, show him the comments and let us know his feedback, as this gives us all a good yardstick on such an unusual issue :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

tell them you are rejecting the van and require another new one asap
and you want a decision within 48 hours
i do hope nobody else has this issue

Got a phone call from the main dealer I bought van from yesterday. Saying VW have accepted responsibility. they have asked me to bring down to the dealership and they will take it to their body shop to carrier out the repairs. told me it would only take two days.

I'm going to try go to my cousins tonight before taking it tomo. for his opinion . why its as happened.

only thing is I'm not sure if they are going to give me a curtesy van while mine is in.. do I have the right to ask for one ???

I will keep you all informed

thanks Karl :)

Last edited:
I would think they will give you a van to use why it is being done ( i would insist anyway) . I had a brand new loan van why mine was being build due to vw delays.

I would think they will give you a van to use why it is being done ( i would insist anyway) . I had a brand new loan van why mine was being build due to vw delays.
Any warranty work ,you should get a courtesy van .

@karl brierley , loan van is within your rights, and should be supplied without hesitation.

Second point, get your cousins opinion first, as well as what they are going to do in writing. This is your right, as it is YOUR van, but THEIR problem, so they have to work around you to an extent, do NOT be bullied. They also have to tell you who is doing their work in this instance, again you want this in writing..

Having said all that, well done, and at least they have admitted they are liable, you just want their decision in writing over this point now, and again this is within your rights, as it's your vehicle.

Keep us posted & good luck :thumbsup::)

100% you will get a courtesy, my previous warranty visits have been booked by them around when the courtesy van is available, normally its brand new and based on similar model to yours

Hi all.

dropped my van at vw today. and to be fare to them they was great with me. and I got a highline 140 curtsey van with no hesitation.

I insisted on a full report from them. with a copy for myself to file away. main points I asked to be reported was paint thickness,primer and why rusted so fast?, and what was the main cause for the problem. and a break down of everything the body shop has done to solve the issue. he was a little shocked I asked for this going from his facial expressions.

I didn't get time to go see my cousin :( :( as I work away in London a lot. but have sent him pictures just hope he can help from them.

will keep you informed..

thanks Karl:thumbsup:

IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0242.JPG

@karl brierley The informed client is the scourge of the potential bluffer especially when said client insists on a fully documented report for their files. Well done for your insistence and also to all others that contributed measured, reasoned advice to help you in taking that stance. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Just as a pointer to others that may find themselves in this position, once you have asked the Dealer to examine and obtain Technical support you have given the manufacturer the right to attempt a proper repair and have, albeit temporarily, given up your right to reject the vehicle. If the repair does not resolve the issue then you regain the right of rejection.

Back