Paint damaged by VW Dealer

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Afternoon boys and girls ,

Looking for a bit of advice, my van recently went in for a repair to the driveshaft, when I collected it I noticed 2 chips in the rear quater in. I spoke to the service manager who agreed to pay for it, now the problem I have is they want to use a smart repair that I cannot find any information on nor can a couple of bodyshops I asked.

So I told the dealer I wasn't happy about this and that I wanted to use there approved vw repair bodyshop who I have had work done with before. They said yes ok take it for an estimate and book it in....fast forward 2 weeks later VW call me to tell me they won't pay for the repair at the VW Approved bodyshop and insisted I use this smart repairer!

Anyone give me some help and tell me if I have a leg to stand on ?

Cheers charlie

VW Called you, that's a bit rich being as they damaged the van. Would have though the would want to use their own repair shop. Have you talked to VW UK about it

Stick to your guns, what happens later on if you need another repair because of rust (i'm not saying you will) but VW could pick up on the smart repair and claim its not going to help as it was not done by their approved body centre. Might be worth reading the T's and C's of the paint warranty.

That suck, for the few quid it costs them they should pay up.

on the other hand I had a smart repair on a light silver car and the repair was invisible (and I'm picky), is the smart repair company one of the larger chains ?

good luck

I haven't spoken to VW UK at the moment. When I spoke to the girl on service today I made it clear I wasn't happy about it and she adviced me to put my concerns in an email to the dealer manager.

As for the smart repairer they are called
" Spray Away " apparently. Now I live in Ipswich Suffolk and I could not find a spray away local to me. Also lmine is reflex silver and it's just on the rear quarter that the sliding door goes into. And I am worried about the match and like you say down the line if any issues arisie.

I've herd of people contacting the vw finance, does anyone think this could be an option too?

Tell them that you will get it repaired at a bodyshop of your choice, and that you will pursue them through the courts if they refusd to pay. And that you will add the costs of a hire van to the bill.

They damaged it.

By "smart repair" is that their new term for touch up stick. The small pot of paint with a small little brush.

Had my passat bonnet resprayed through the insurance about four/five years ago.

The laquer has now peeled off, and it looks a mess. Too late for redress.

Get it done proper.

Had my passat bonnet resprayed through the insurance about four/five years ago.

The laquer has now peeled off, and it looks a mess. Too late for redress.

Get it done proper.

Same happened with ours. Bought it 2 years old and the bonnet had been sprayed already.

5 years later it was a mess

IMG_20170829_140904.jpg

Looks like it will invalidate the warranty on the repair, unless VW accept smart repairs-

Body protection warranty

All current Volkswagen vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against through corrosion for 12 years from the date of first registration.

The only preconditions are:

• The defect must be reported to a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network as soon as it is discovered and within the warranty period.
  • The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance or by external corrosion (rusting).
  • A member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network must be advised about any rusting as soon as it is found.
  • All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer's specification and procedures, using only approved parts and materials, so the original level of anti-corrosion protection is maintained.

Afternoon boys and girls ,

Looking for a bit of advice, my van recently went in for a repair to the driveshaft, when I collected it I noticed 2 chips in the rear quater in. I spoke to the service manager who agreed to pay for it, now the problem I have is they want to use a smart repair that I cannot find any information on nor can a couple of bodyshops I asked.

So I told the dealer I wasn't happy about this and that I wanted to use there approved vw repair bodyshop who I have had work done with before. They said yes ok take it for an estimate and book it in....fast forward 2 weeks later VW call me to tell me they won't pay for the repair at the VW Approved bodyshop and insisted I use this smart repairer!

Anyone give me some help and tell me if I have a leg to stand on ?

Cheers charlie
For what it's worth my experience with mobile paint sprayers has been.
My new T6 had a scratch before I picked it up and they did a great job!
My 3 year old caddy bought from a main dealer had a scratch and they did the shittest job ever and I took it back and it's still dull!
I could have done a better job my self with a rattle can!

Vw body shops are crap just re fitted a rear spoiler had to remove old one ( warranty work and make good all paintwork ( had to spray the top of the rear hatch.
Noticed rear spoiler not fixed down securly drove it 15 miles to home to find this had happened .
Its going back in and few chosen words said.
Looking deeper can see overspray and masking tape marks and sandpaper scratches
vw Wrexham what a shoddy job

20170925_164844.jpg

Vw body shops are crap just re fitted a rear spoiler had to remove old one ( warranty work and make good all paintwork ( had to spray the top of the rear hatch.
Noticed rear spoiler not fixed down securly drove it 15 miles to home to find this had happened .
Its going back in and few chosen words said.
Looking deeper can see overspray and masking tape marks and sandpaper scratches
vw Wrexham what a shoddy job

View attachment 13785
Thats not good. Mines booked in with them next week for warranty work on my leaking Kombi windows. I'll be checking it with a fine tooth comb when I get it back.

Hi m8 hows you and pippa How come your booked in at wrexham havnt they got a vw bodyshop in shrewsbury

No, Its either Wrexham or Birmingham for commercials and its leaking Kombi windows so don't think the Car dealership will touch it.
All good with me and Pippa. Booked for CamperJam next year. Are you guys coming ?

Looks like it. Bit concerned after seeing what they did to yours but I'll get them to sign and agree its totally unmarked before it goes in and check every inch when it comes back.

Went to see them today off comes the rear spoiler again , rear hatch being painted again , told the manager the van has come out of his bodyshop in a worse state than it come in :rofl:

Went to see them today off comes the rear spoiler again , rear hatch being painted again , told the manager the van has come out of his bodyshop in a worse state than it come in :rofl:
Truly shocking. I'd be trying to get them to agree that based on the fact that they don't know what they are doing, that a proper body shop puts it right and Wrexham then settle the bill in full no quibbles.

Back